“Best wedding venue”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Muldersdrift
Kroonstad, South Africa
“Best wedding venue”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had our wedding at Avianto on 26 April 2014, the venue was a dream. It was a hit with all our guests it brought nostalgic moments of their own wedding day. The staff were treating us like royalty attending to our needs with such efficiency and professionalism. They assisted us to create our perfect wedding, the food was amazing, the ambience was spectacular. Everything was perfect with help of the wedding coordinator and wedding team. You could see to this people this is not only about business but its affording couples like us the most memorable day of our lives. It is worth mentioning that our wedding coordinator Alex Watermeyer went beyond call of duty to ensure everything runs smoothly on the day.

Kgomotso & Israel

Room Tip: Request them to turn on the fireplace to create a romantic mood
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kgomotso4816

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I attended a wedding at Avianto on Saturday 31 May.
I have to draw this venues attention to one very important thing:

It appears that the person who designed this venue has no clue about weddings!!

From when you step out of the car and all the way into the reception hall there are cobble stones, gravel and uneven flooring to contend with! Surely you must know that the people attending the wedding will be wearing high heels and most definitely the bride will be wearing high heels.
I had to cling onto my date the entire evening out of fear of falling!
I think that is such a poor oversight, when the venue is designed for this one very important day in a couples life!

Apart from that the food and service was excellent!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had a friend getting married at the venue so we decided to stay over so we could get out of hand and not worry about the consequences. The rooms are nice and big, bath and separate shower, table in the garden and a mini bar. The biggest problem i had was the linen on the beds and the towels. lets start with the towels, which i'm sure started out white a few years ago, which are now very off grey. The linen on the beds also felt very old and thin. The chapel was nice, as chapels go, the reception venue looked rather tired and the buffet as pretty gross. I was not impressed with the food quality. This establishment has a 4 star tourism grading which i feel it no longer deserves

Room Tip: get a room away from the corridor, less noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I held my wedding at Avianto in March of 2014 and it was amazing. The venue has such a great Mediterranean rustic-chic ambiance. My wedding coordinator, Alex Watermeyer, was an absolute sweetheart and was really helpful as I was organizing the wedding from overseas. My guests absolutely loved the food and thought it was an incredibly beautiful wedding. The hotel (honeymoon suite) was great and we enjoyed every minute of it. The grounds make for beautiful photo opportunities as well. It was certainly the most special day of my life.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 9 May 2014

What an amazing venue. We got Married at Avianto on the 18th of April and it was certainly the best day of our lives. The venue is outstanding, the food, rooms and service are world class! Our coordinator Alex and our head Waiter Mike made our day extra special. We were treated like royalty from the moment our day began. I would recommend this venue highly to anyone looking to get married in Johannesburg. It is a Top wedding venue for sure!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I love this venue! Avianto was my wedding venue in 2009 and on my recommendation also my niece's wedding venue in 2014. Everything was perfect!! The food (catering, breakfast & room service) and accommodation was excellent both times (even 5 years later). To top it off the lavender fields and scenic surroundings is perfect for your wedding photos.
The wedding coordinators was very professional as well as the rest of the staff (night managers, barmen, waiters etc.).

I would highly recommend this venue for any wedding, function, romantic getaway or vacation!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Had my wedding there and it was absolutely wonderful. The chapel and banquet hall were amazing and so were all the staff. The grounds are well maintained and make wonderful photo spots. The Bridal Suite is absolutely huge and have possibly the most comfortable beds ever. The bath is also fantastic. I highly recommend Avianto for a wedding or just a romantic getaway.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muldersdrift
Forum Homini Hotel
#4 of 7 in Magaliesburg
Magalies Manor Hotel
Magalies Manor Hotel
#6 of 7 in Magaliesburg

Been to Avianto? Share your experiences!