“Wonderful”

Ranked #6 of 29 Newlands B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We had a wonderful time and was looked after very nicely. Very close to Newlands and lots of social spots which was a huge plus for us. Very safe area to walk where you need to get to. Great breakfast and good service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

SJoustra, Owner at Glenhaven Cottages, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you Rudi for taking the time to write the review. Hope to see you again. Regards Sue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Had such an amazing stay at Glenhaven during our visit to Cape Town. Sue was so welcoming, and her Cottage was so homey. The location is superb, close to main road and shops yet still very quite and secure. I would definitely recommend GlenHaven to anyone visiting Cape Town. Was able to keep in touch with family and friends through out the stay as the Cottage has WIFI connection, which is always a plus.

Thanks to Sue and Mustapha once again for the lovely stay. Looking forward to coming down again soon.
Regards,
Tas and Tsidi

Room Tip: Stayed in 2 rooms during my stay, and both equality as fantastic.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

SJoustra, Owner at Glenhaven Cottages, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Hi Tasia
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on Tripadvisor. Much appreciated.
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Glenhaven Cottage. It was raining and freezing, but the room was lovely, cozy and warm (heater). Nuts and dried fruit on arrival. Sue made me feel very welcome and Mustapha, the cook, even offered his umbrella when he realized that I wanted to walk to my conference venue (only two blocks away). I would love to go back and strongly recommend this stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
SJoustra, Owner at Glenhaven Cottages, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Hi Suzette. Thank you very much for your positive review. I'm glad you were warm and comfortable and look forward to your next visit.
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We enjoyed the central location, being close to Table Mountain, Kirstenbosch Gardens and the Cape Town City. The Room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The free Wifi (Wlan) enabled us to email and Skype. Secure parking on the Premises meant Peace of Mind at night.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

SJoustra, Owner at Glenhaven Cottages, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Many thanks for the positive review. I look forward to having you stay again in the future.
Love Sue
South Africa
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend stay at Glenhaven Cottages. Sue made us feel very welcome and her able assistant, Mustapha, cooks a really great breakfast. The self-catering facility was well-equipped. There was a washing machine, which could come in useful for longer stays. I also loved having a bath & a shower available in the bathroom. The location is very central. We walked to Cavendish Square to do shopping and catch a movie. Also within walking distance is Barristers, where we watched rugby on the big-screen and had a very generous meal.
We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jillymSouthAfrica
SJoustra, Owner at Glenhaven Cottages, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I'll be sure to pass on your breakfast compliment to Mustapha. Hope to see you soon again.
Love Sue
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Our host Sue welcomed us late in the evening on Christmas day, and she definitely has a nice place in a quit area of Cape Town. As a self catering option, it is perfect as a large Pick n Pay is around the corner. The Malawian housekeeper Mustapha makes an excellent breakfast with fresh fruit and fried eggs of choice. The off street parking is convenient, although not very large. You can also use the swimming pool and the braai. Great place to stay if you want to see more of Cape Town besides Waterfront, you will also have easy access to for instance Muizenberg. To us, it felt like home away from home as the Swiss cottage we stayed in had a homely feel to it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Remcoreviews
SJoustra, Owner at Glenhaven Cottages, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you taking the time to review Glenhaven. I so appreciate the feedback.
Longirod, Suisse
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I needed a place to stay in the Newlands area, where I had an appointment the morning after my arrival into Cape Town. Glenhaven was exactly what I needed. My room was spacious, clean, lovely and comfortable, equipped with a convenient kitchenette. I could use the free Wi-Fi connection to quickly download my e-mail and get a fair amount of work done. I could hear some people having a noisy party nearby before falling sound asleep; that might happen but it did not bother me anyway. The breakfast was awesome. The owner was very friendly and helpful; she recommended itineraries for a run early in the morning; and she refund the extra-amount paid by the company travel desk, who had made a mistake when booking accommodation for me. A perfect place to stay that I strongly recommend !

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Maryline H
SJoustra, Owner at Glenhaven Cottages, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Although such a brief stay I so enjoyed meeting you and am grateful you took the time to write the review you did. I hope there'll be another occasion where you can stay a little longer. I have established a good relationship with my neighbours who do now respect the presence of my guests at all times and lead a quiet, suburban lifestyle!
Regards
Sue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newlands
Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Newlands
#1 of 29 in Newlands
Riversong Guest House
Riversong Guest House
#4 of 29 in Newlands

Been to Glenhaven Cottages? Share your experiences!