“Didn't Quite Meet The Mark”
Review of Rondebosch Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newlands
Rondebosch Manor
Ranked #24 of 29 Newlands B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Didn't Quite Meet The Mark”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I checked in, dropped off my bags to the room and left to go and have dinner. When I returned to the property, there were a few issues with my initial room, however I couldn't address them until the next morning because the staff disappear after a certain time. I spoke with the owners the next day about the issues and requested a room change which they granted. Upon moving to the new room, they had already began to address the issues I pointed out in the first room. The Spa has not been operational for some time now.

Restaurants and store in walking distance. Staff were great at suggesting nearby places to visit. Rooms didn't offer much of a view. Rooms are much nicer on website than in person. Ended up staying 4 nights only because of a busy schedule.

As a female who travels often with a particular standard in mind, this place didn't quite do it for me.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tequila M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This establishment is VERY far off calling itself a FOUR star bed and breakfast - my room was dark, had a view of black trolley bins and the very noisy road, 1 tiny bar of soap between the shower and basin, no wastepaper bin in the bedroom, no tea or water and the room itself was in need of urgent maintenance. Old office furniture and mismatched furniture has been used throughout. My colleagues' room was filthy and they received 1 thread bare towel for 2 people. The window has no security and opens onto the busy road which has a very low wall. I had no batteries in my remote and the bedside light did not work. When I went to ask if I could get batteries and some tea, myself and another guest were left to look for ourselves as there was nobody available.
Another couple traveling with us were told telephonically the day before their arrival, that there was no accommodation for them, despite them having confirmed.
This is suitable for a STUDENT or OVERSEAS YOUTH traveling who is expecting basic accommodation.
The price is the same of some exceptional and magnificent Bed and Breakfasts in the area.
The night time noise was constant.
When I asked for a business card, there were non at reception - this place needs a serious look at its level of professionalism, maintenance and the market.
I wonder how the rating of four stars has been kept for so long and not reviewed...

Room Tip: Do not stay on the road side as it is exceptionally noisy
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank FRAN W

Travellers are raving about these Newlands hotels

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I've been there for one week in february 2013 and I really feel at home. The staff are very friendly and efficient, the room is cozy and spacious. You have also a free Wi-fi, a simple but well prepared breakfast and night meals.

I really enjoyed my stay and I recommend to everyone that would like to feel at home in Cape Town.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
West Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed at Rondebosch Manor for 3 weeks in February 2012 whilst working in Cape Town. My room was very spacious, always well cleaned and tidied. A few teething problems with WiFi were quickly resolved and I had very fast, free Internet throughout.
Breakfast was fairly simple but very well prepared. An honesty bar was a good touch. I also availed myself of the laundry service, which was fast and efficient.
The staff were extremely friendly. Johnny and Jane (owners) made me feel extremely welcome, as did Hein (manager), who was also extremely efficient and helpful.
Location is ideal, and only 10 minutes' drive to most of the Cape Town attractions, 5 minutes from the University. Free on-site parking was a real bonus. I didn't use the small plunge pool out front, but it looked clean and well looked after.
All in all, I really can't exaggerate how much i enjoyed my stay. I recommend it to anyone, and will certainly go back again.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank S_C_and_P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newlands
Mantra
Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Newlands
Number Four Park Lane
Number Four Park Lane
#20 of 29 in Newlands

Been to Rondebosch Manor? Share your experiences!