“Kidger House Guest House”

Kidger House Guest House
Ranked #8 of 29 Newlands B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Kidger House Guest House”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I had the most wonderfully comfortable, homely stay at Kidger House. The setting of the house is magnificent with the most beautiful garden and the rooms and bathrooms are very luxurious. The breakfast was done to perfection, Dee has got a very professional, yet very homely touch! I loved my stay at Kidger House!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed for three nights and can't think of any way in which it could have been improved. Great breakfasts, friendly welcome, very comfortable room and good nights sleep. Thanks and hope to return some time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We've just stayed for six nights at Kidger House, during all the upheaval of moving out of our home. The guest house and its beautiful garden provided a haven of tranquility during a stressful time and Delia couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. She put us in the spacious Frangipani suite, which had more than enough space for our mountain of luggage. The room is very well appointed with a most comfortable king-sized bed. In the chilly Cape winter, we were always warm, with heating in both the bedroom and bathroom. The fridge and microwave were also very useful. Thank you so much for your hospitality, Delia, and especially for the super breakfasts! We'll definitely visit again in the future. Denise and Peter Cruse

Room Tip: The Frangipani suite is a super choice, spacious and with French doors opening onto its own terrace...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed at Kidger House for 5 nights and really was super comfortable for my entire stay! Breakfast was delicious and it was very convenient that I could have it a bit earlier than normal since I had to leave early each day for my meetings. Delia & Hillary were very gracious and accommodating with anything I needed and always made sure I was ok. Kidger House is also very convenient and central to where ever I needed to travel too. I will definitely be staying at Kidger House again since I travel to Cape Town every 3 months.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Although just one night, my stay in Kidger House was very pleasant. It is in a lovely area of Newlands, easy to get to and very quiet. The room was well appointed with an amazingly comfortable bed! Good breakfast too and would have been a lovely garden to sit in and look at the mountain if it hadn't been pouring with rain!

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Chepstow
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My mum and I stayed at Kidger House in 2011 and 2012. Our first stay 10 days,our second stay 3 weeks! Why did we like it? Well positioned in a leafy part of Capetown where we felt secure, and a very pretty house. We know the rooms well, we have stayed in 3 of them! Two offer very acceptable self-catering facilities for simple meals at home. Excellent breakfasts, and charming hosts. Somebody trimmed the tree back too much in the garden for shade for our sun loungers but I bet is has grown by now!
We have stayed at Kidger House under two different managments, one interim, but feel confident the new management will earn an excellent rating!

Room Tip: Frangipani was my favourite as it has its own terrace overlooking the garden. Trent has a lovely ba...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Penny D
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Delia is a most gracious hostess, Kidger House is just off Newlands drive and very easy to find.
I stayed in the Frangipani room which was spacious and well appointed. The Wifi was speedy, the bedroom and bathroom were both well heated, very tastefully decorated and impeccably clean. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have stayed in ever, with beautiful linen. I will definitely use Kidger house repeatedly. It is exceptional value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business