“Dinning”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2014

When you arrive the staff are really friendly and welcoming,the menu is a great selection and the wines selection is vast,you can have wine by the glass or the bottle,the food perpetration is great and quality of food is great,an all round great dinning experience.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I was fortunate enough to be invited to this beautifully decorated restaurant in Newlands by a good friend of mine. The four of us tucked in to our meals, each of us very happy with the flavour and presentation. The menu has a good variety and there is a great selection of side orders.

The wine list is... daunting, but once you know what varietal you want it is relatively easy to use, but the real star of the show is the wine they serve by the glass. A fantastic variety and you can order tasters, glasses or carafes to share! I would go back to this restaurant just for this menu option!

My only complaints was the restarant was a bit hot, those fans could have been turned up a bit more. The only cool air was from the window and the table next to me wanted it closed, we compromised in the end.

Really great food, ample parking across the road and a wine list to end all wine lists!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Wijnhuis Newlands is a great place for a solid meal. I enjoyed the variety of wines available by the glass and different size options ie. from 150ml to a carafe of 370ml.
We started with two carpaccios - the Kudu and Beef carpaccio. Both were excellent. The 400g Rump that I had for my main course was also very good and well aged.

Service was attentive and the restaurant vibey.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I am absolutely devastated with the revamped decor. Wijnhuis has been my favorite restaurant for many years and I have always made a point of bringing overseas visitors for a meal here, and they too shared my delight with the decor, food, service and general ambiance. Why the change?! (Surely it was a winning recipe?) The menu is now a disappointment and frankly the new upholstery and furniture look tacky and done on a low budget. Perhaps the revamp has increased business and if so good luck to the owners. But I for one am sad to no longer be able frequent what was such a classic eatery.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

After hearing this restaurant was so great, we were disappointed not only in the service but also that the prices did not justify the meals received. I don't think we would return in a hurry.