“Great for a glass of wine”
Review of Wijnhuis

Wijnhuis
Ranked #8 of 23 Restaurants in Newlands
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great little place for a glass of wine, they have a sweet outside area with a gorgeous view. Also a great place in winter as there are nice retro couches and low tables for a quick drink after work!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Fortunately for me, my rich and less than discerning father-in-law loves coming here, since it's just round the corner from where he stays.
If it were me, after my first visit, I would have left infuriated, and NEVER returned. The reason is straightforward: this restaurant is ridiculously over-priced.
The restaurant is clearly the place for bright young thangs to hang out and be little bit seen (but only by people they know, hopefully). If this was 1922, and you were a deb, you and your dim friends would come here to spend daddy's cash.
Sorry, but I just found the whole experience here annoying.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Don't trust the waiters , they added a bottle of wine on to our bill which we never ordered when questioned they denied it , and the manager told us that they have us on camera drinking the wine , when ask to see the camera footage I was told that only the person who's credit card was used could see the footage . After our entire meal was spoilt by this incident the waiter came up to us , apologized and tried to refund me the money .
JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Great service and fantastic food. Everything was delicious from starters to desserts. Waiter was attentive and handled the big table very well! Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Since re-opening this well established and popular neighbourhood venue, things have most certainly improved. A lighter more reasonably priced menu, combined with relaxed dining bar and lounge areas and excellent service from Robert and his team, makes this once again a venue one would like to and should visit. It needed to be remodelled and this has happened, and it is once again a useful addition to the dining scene.