“Couldn't wish for better”
Review of Sun Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newlands
Sun Cottage
Ranked #16 of 29 Newlands B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Sun Cottage was the perfect location for the few days which my two sons and I spent in Cape Town. The situation is ideal - very quiet but within easy reach of the city and airport and Newlands village, just five minutes walk away, provided everything we needed in the way of places to eat for every meal. Our hosts did all they could to ensure our comfort and enjoyment. If I ever have the opportunity to visit Cape Town again this is where I would like to come back to.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed in the River room for the duration of our stay of 6 nights. This is a delightful B & B set in leafy Newlands. The sound of water in the little river alongside was great and assisted in helping us fall asleep. The location in Newlands is great with easy access to shops, pubs and restaurants. It is also within walking distance of Cavendish Square. Pity about the large spider and spiders webs that we found in the bathroom and the cobwebs in the bedroom. The double bed was a bit small for two of us because I have a large butt and that made turning over in my sleep difficult!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tank09
Jean V, Owner at Sun Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Thanks for the affirmations and also for the honest critical feedback. We are tightening up on checks in the rooms. Definitely not acceptable. I hope we see you back at Sun Cottage in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed in the Loft suite and couldn't have been happier with the comfort and attention to detail we experienced. No one would have thought that such a rural feel could be obtained in the middle of a well established suburb like Newlands! From the squirrels foraging in the garden to the burbling of the river at the bottom of the garden, and the beautiful ferns at the river edge, everything served to create a restful calming vibe.We left feeling rejuvenated and will most definitely make this our home base on return visits to Cape Town.

Room Tip: The smell of thatch is a bit overpowering in this room but we didn't have a problem with it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jilldutoit
Jean V, Owner at Sun Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you Jill, for the great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and took time to soak in the tranquility and loveliness of the garden and surrounds. I hope you and your family will be back soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Myself and two colleagues had the pleasure of staying at Sun Cottages for a period of five days. What a delight! The setting is absolutely beautiful and both the Loft Suite and River room fulfilled our every need. I would really recommend this B&B for business and pleasure trips.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at this little oasis in the middle of beautiful Newlands during my last two visits to Cape Town and I am already scheduling my next stay. I travel to South Africa regularly to undertake research and Sun Cottage meets my needs on every count. Peaceful location, within walking distance to shops, clean spacious rooms overlooking the most beautiful views of gardens and stream, self-contained facilities and friendly, gracious hosts. As one reviewer noted, this is truly a home away from home! Thanks Jean - I look forward to seeing you again in the not distant future.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms - both are beautifully appointed, clean and spacious - but if you want a bi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Jean V, Owner at Sun Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thanks Denise, for the kind words. We love having you to stay and are in admiration of the great work that you do here. Look forward to seeing you in June.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

After an exhausting day visiting the Design Indaba at the Cape Town International Convention Centre, what a wonderful treat it was to arrive at Sun Cottage B&B in Newlands! The welcoming, tree-lined driveway, cosy thatched upstairs hideaway, complete with own private decked balcony, nestled amongst the lovely lush foliage of mature oak trees, made my stay there a truly memorable, peaceful and tranquil one.........the perfect retreat from everything!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Jean V, Owner at Sun Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you Laurie, for such a lovely review. Much appreciated. Please come and stay with us next time.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We have been lucky enough to stay at Sun Cottage twice - one long stay in the Loft Suite and one short stay (too short!) in the River Room - and cannot fault the accommodation, the setting/location, or the welcome. We have recommended to family members, and will definitely be back ourselves.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Jean V, Owner at Sun Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you so much for the encouraging feedback. Loved meeting you the first time, sorry I missed the second, and definitely look forward to your third visit!