“Excellent service”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Newlands
Durban, South Africa
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

4 of us stayed a the Southern Sun Newlands for a small conference week-end, from the minute we walked into the hotel to the time we left, the staff remained helpful, friendly and accommodated all our extra requests. The food was really delicious, especially the fish, the menu was small which i prefer but had a good variety. I would strongly recommend the hotel, if you looking for somewhere to stay in Cape Town, we were NOT disappointed, in fact we hoping to go back in the near future.
Debbie Anderson - DURBAN RSA

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Nabila C, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for your lovely review.

We are most pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay and that the service met your expectations.

In addition to the above we are looking forward to your next visit.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Had an excellent stay! The other more good thing about it is that I can collect points on the business trip and used it for my private trips with my family. The service is so excellent that you feel like a king with the treatment you receive.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Nabila C, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for your lovely review.

We are most pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.

The Team looks forward to seeing you soon.

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My room is always as I want it. I stay there often so as to visit my mother and all my quirky requests are on computer and done . The staff are fantastic, helpful and pleasant. I needed a hotwater bottle the other day because I had an injured ankle. One of the staff went out and bought me one !!!! Cant get better than that. It is a value for money hotel, well located and with very pleasant decor. I dont usually eat breakfast but did try it once and thought it was jolly good. The chef made me the most perfect poached eggs. The selection of things was huge. I've also eaten at the Indian restaurant - it was absolutely fabulous with the lady who was looking after me, making great suggestions as to what I should try that I hadn't thought of eating before. I loved it. I suppose I am the wrong person to write this review because I choose to stay there often and feel like it's home from home and have absolutely no complaints. The only down side for me is that I make sure that my room doesnt face the road because it can be quite noisy. I sleep like a log as the beds are so comfy and the pillows are huge.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Nabila C, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thank you so much for your continuous custom.

I am pleased to note that you always have an enjoyable stay and that you regard Southern Sun Newlands as your home away from home.

I shall share your feedback with the entire Team and I can assure you that they will be ecstastic.

The Team looks forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Newcastle, South Africa
Reviewed 8 March 2014

i love this hotel, because every single person working here, has the same outlook....
to make you feel welcome and to make sure all youre needs and expectations are met! thr food is healthy and fresh, and everthingh you need is attended to with pleasure!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Nabila C, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback.

We are most pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay!

Johannesburg
Reviewed 28 February 2014

A good business , three and a half star hotel . Centrally located and very close to major roads and amenities. Not quite 4- star. Efficient and friendly staff, nothing is too much. Was offered a complimentary welcoming cup of tea delivered promptly to my room. Comfortable sleep and very nice breakfast. A comfortable walk to the. Cavendish shopping centre but they also have a shuttle service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Nabila C, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

The team looks forward to welcoming you back, in the not too distant future.

Potchefstroom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

A warm and comfortable stay located walking distance from my business place
The room was clean and pleasant and the service friendly.
The only thing missing was a small exercise area.
Breakfast was well laid out

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Thank you for your custom and for your feedback.

We are pleased to know that our hotel met your expectations. Since we do not have a gym on site, we utilise the Sports Science Institute which is complimentary for our guests. It is less than 5 minutes walk away from the hotel.

For a future booking we would be happy to furnish you with a complimentary voucher for your workout.

In addition to the above we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cape Town
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Excellent friendly service by hotel staff.Good breakfast spread.Clean rooms.
Enjoyable stay overall.Hotel was centrally located.Cavendish mall was just down the road.Night porter actually went to the store for us the night we arrived because room service was closed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Nabila C, Manager at Southern Sun Newlands, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your lovely feedback.

The Team is most pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay and that we met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, in the not too distant future.

Rooms Division Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newlands
Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Newlands
Vineyard Hotel
Vineyard Hotel
#2 of 3 in Newlands
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,275 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Town - Upper Eastside
Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town
Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Tow...
#32 of 106 in Cape Town Central
Southern Sun The Cullinan
Southern Sun The Cullinan
#23 of 106 in Cape Town Central
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,596 reviews

Been to Southern Sun Newlands? Share your experiences!