“Food ok, but horrible acoustics!”
Review of Papa's Real Food

Papa's Real Food
Ranked #58 of 703 Restaurants in Pretoria
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tervuren
“Food ok, but horrible acoustics!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Had a nice lunch, and as it was raining we had to sit inside. Place was crowded, but you could barely understand each other while talking! An interior decorator should do something about the interior space regarding acoustics.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DennisKTervuren

Pretoria, South Africa
“Not bad but service terrible”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Never my first choice in Pretoria but on route. Could not find parking so they have to do someting right, we thought. We parked a mile down the road and on arrival I was quite amazed how busy the restaurant was. Hungry as a starving lion we enjoyed the outside garden courtyard setting and rustic decor mixed with very little attention to detail. Festive and friendly nevertheless. Unfortunately the service was terrible and the waiter was completely incapable of explaining the menu options and possible alternatives. We had curry butternut soup (not bad but somewhat too sweet and too much cream.) We had to devise our own salad since the waiter could not assist and the peri-peri chicken was not too bad either. Later the oversized cappuccino was good but we had to move out of the way of a function being prepared for without anyone remotely explaining to us whats happening or apologising. Will I be back? Only on invitation if someone else is paying. But I can understand that the setting will make patrons return.

• Visited September 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Quirky, but avoidable”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We were attracted by the quirky yard. I went there with a friend for a Sunday brunch. I was served stale bread and some kind of seafood stew with uncooked frozen bit. My friend's drink came in a dirty glass. We sat outside under the trees and had a great time watching the chickens running around. we didn't stick around for long since the service was awful and the wailing musician killed the atmosphere for us. An overall yuck experience, and it's no excuse that the place had just opened its doors for business that morning.

• Visited June 2012
Pretoria, South Africa
“Love it!!!!”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is one of my favourite restaurants. Very secluded when you're sitting outside, quiet, a very nice, romantic setting. Very good food, good value for money. The service isn't the greatest, but for the rest of the package I'm getting, I can deal with that.

• Visited March 2013
Centurion, South Africa
“Great experience”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Papas for a Sunday afternoon lunch is the place to be. Live music, great food, excellent atmosphere, just an overall good experience.

Visited January 2013