“Good honest food and great service”
Review of Blu Saffron

Blu Saffron
Ranked #10 of 687 Restaurants in Pretoria
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Sandton
“Good honest food and great service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good food and wide enough menu. Service always good and friendly. Sitting outside on summer evenings is always great.

• Visited March 2014

Pretoria
“Blue Saffron - Pricey but worth it”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a dinner with friends at Blue Saffron at the Pretoria Country club in May 2014. The food was excellent, the service friendly and professional and the private room ideal for our party. The food is pricey, but in relation to the quality and service, not unreasonable.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Fkafrica
Pretoria, South Africa
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently enjoyed a family lunch at the restaurant. I had the Snitchel and it was awesome. Our waitress (think it was Bianca) was brilliant and very efficient.

Will be back soon

• Visited May 2014
Pretoria, South Africa
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

An average experience. The map and address on the pate is incorrect which lead me to phoning the reataurant for it's location.

My girlfriend had the soup which was more like spiced water. And i had the fillet which was overcooked and sent back but still not that great 2nd time around.

Waiters were not really trained well as all our glasses which we didn't need were not taken away along with dirty plates.

The best part of our experience was the view which is the only thing leading me to return for some drinks.

15 Thank ChristoPieterse
“Giving Blu Saffron a miss for a while”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Blu Saffron used to be one of my favourite restaurants in Pretoria. This is where I would take friends for a special occasion or where we would go just for a family lunch or dinner. However, during our last few visits I was disappointed with the food. Twice my fillet arrived underdone. I ordered medium and it arrived very rare. The next time I ordered medium to well (based on my previous experience). Yet it arrived rare once again. The chips had a funny aftertaste and the vegetables were definitely undercooked on a number of occasions. The menu definitely needs an update. I am extremely bored having to listen politely to the same specials being described over and over again. Even though I love the venue I decided to give Blu Saffron a miss for a while until management institute better quality control and also update the menu somewhat.

12 Thank estianw