“Superb!”

Ranked #38 of 360 Pretoria B&B and Inns
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Superb!”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

What a wonderful place! The Capital House has everything I could have wanted and more: a beautiful room full of interesting artwork in a comfortable layout, a balcony with an amazing view, located just close enough to great shops and restaurants to still feel like a retreat, and unmatched customer service. Charlie, Pat and Jake really go above and beyond to make sure that you are taken care of and comfortable.
The room was luxurious and spacious, with a walk-in closet, a pristine bathroom with a big tub, and a lovely balcony. Each room is unique and interesting, decorated with antiques and artwork from a lifetime of artful collecting. They also have a beautiful outdoor pool.
What really sets this place above the rest is the care and time the owners give to hospitality.
I would recommend the Capital House without reservation to anyone. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I had the most amazing stay in The Capital House, Pretoria. My room had an excellent view of the lush vegetation of Pretoria, The location of this boutique hotel is excellent because it is in the diplomatic enclave of Waterkloof Ridge, and all my meetings were in the neighborhood.

Pat and Cobus (the owners of this delightful guest house) are wonderful hosts who made me feel right at home and comfortable from the word go.

My trip to South Africa was an official 2-day trip, with back-to-back meetings. It was a good thing I stayed The Capital House because it suited my schedule and activities to a T. The staff are very professional and discreet; all the amenities were provided quietly and efficently. I love the luxurious bed, the soft and fluffy linen, the chocolate on my bed before I sleep, and the bath...

I will surely come back for a long, and leisurely stay. Highly recommended for business travellers and for the tourist who wants the fabulous South African experience.

Room Tip: I got Room 1. It had a great view of the city.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Girly G
Waterloo, Belgium
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed at The Capital House in November along with 2 colleagues during a short business trip to South Africa in November. What a wonderful place! We all travel extensively on business (more than 100 years of travelling experience between us) and we all agree that this place is a true oasis. It was a real pleasure to find ourselves in a "home" rather than a corporate soul-less hotel. Pat and her entire staff made us feel very welcome from the moment we arrived, in fact it is fair to say that they treated us more like friends than guests. Nothing was ever too much trouble. The rooms were spacious and beautifully appointed (I got to sample two of them because we went to Botswana for a few days and then returned). The setting was wonderful - in the most upmarket suburb of Pretoria. Very safe and very peaceful. It was a real pleasure to return there in the evening, once our business was complete and settle down with a cold beer before being fed with a superb dinner. I really hope I get the chance to return some day!

Aldo, Angus and Ben

Reviewed 25 December 2012

We have stayed at The Capital House twice and have already booked our next trip. The accommodation is exquisite with beautiful architecture and nice large suites and bathrooms. The house is located in Pretoria's most prestigious and safe suburb alongside many of the diplomatic residences (right next door to the British and US ambassador’s homes) and has easy access to the main transportation arteries. Both times, we have stayed as a base for recreational travel but it is well set up for the business traveller with high speed internet access and several semi-private areas for informal meetings and larger areas for small conferences.

The employees were courteous and very helpful with arranging transportation and dining suggestions around Pretoria. In terms of breakfast, the kitchen makes the most amazing fresh bread in the morning. I highly recommend a stay at this beautiful Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Bray, Ireland
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed at Capital House during a brief business trip to South Africa in November 2012. The premises is very well maintained and located in the embassy district of Pretoria, The US embassy is around the corner, so the area is very safe and secure - a big plus in SA.

The room was very spacious, clean, with a large comfortable double bed, balcony with views over the city, and a jacuzzi bath and double shower. I had breakfast on two mornings which was very good and ejjoyed a few glasses of wine with the very hospitable owners and the other guests. This is a much more pleasant way to travel than staying at anonymous chain hotels.

I would recommend it very highly for business, family travel (there is a pool) and the romantic getaway too!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 15 which was great! I didn't see the others.
1 Thank David123456789212098
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2012

This is a beautiful and elegant Bed and Breakfast. The rooms are terrific, the water pressure awesome and the owners are very interesting and charming. The breakfasts were delicious. The owners were so gracious and willing to allow us to have a party there so we were able to easily renew old acquaintances. We were there late in October so we were blessed with gorgeous blooming jacaranda trees. There is a lovely pool but it was a little to cool for us to swim. The accommodations and service were excellent so we can highly recommend The Capital House without any reservations.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor overlooking the city and it was beautiful!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Traveler1586
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I spent only one night at Capital House - but it was magnificent. I had an enormous bedroom with an emperor size bed and elegant antique furniture The CH is situated at the top of Waterkloof Ridge and has wonderful views over the mauve jacarandas of the city's eastern suburbs. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the shower was hot and forceful. The service was excellent and friendly and included a delicious English breakfast in the elegant dining room. Little wonder that CH has been chosen by VIPs as their base while visiting Pretoria.

Room Tip: Chose the bedroom suite at the eastern end of the residence. It has a magnificent view!
1 Thank davesteward1945