“Pleasantly Surprised!”

The Villas Luxury Suite Hotel
Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Pretoria
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This hotel was arranged for me, and I enjoyed the stay. The breakfast was very good (compared to most hotel offerings)...large buffet spread with some cook-to-order items. The service was very friendly and attentive, and given the reputation of Pretoria, the place was adequately clean and felt safe. I would stay here again, for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank A W
There are newer reviews for The Villas Luxury Suite Hotel

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I was booked in The Villas by our colleagues in Pretoria. Came in with low expectations; already impressed by day 1. If there is only one word to describe this hotel, it would be "service-oriented". The frontliners/reception render friendly, efficient, helpful service and it is always the first impression any guest checking-in would have (I hope). Kudos to Linda, Claudine, Elisabeth, Zaza, Anne and others in front office for work well done. Other staff whose names I can remember are Louie, Peter, Debbie, Christie (from F&B).

The breakfast spread is good as it caters to many different tastes. The group I was with never had any bad word about it. I particularly liked the omelette, warm food (sausage, bacon, grilled tomato, potatoes) and I loved their fresh slices of fruits. I do have a not-so-good rating for the restaurant though. Ate dinner once with friends and it took more than an hour's wait for three main dishes although we were the first customers to sit down (must be worse for those who came after us) and mistakes were made with drinks orders. If it wasn't for the waiter's very kind and friendly nature, we would have left because we were already hungry after the long wait. As said, this is one time experience, maybe I was just unlucky that night. But it led to my four-star rating.

The rooms are spacious, with kitchenette, complimentary coffee and tea, clean, bathrooms with both shower and bathtub, table for dining or writing. Wifi for free and always working.

Conference facilities are good. Garden and surroundings cozy. The pool is probably too small for swimmers, but it did not bother me as I am not a swimming pool lover. There is access to mobile massage therapist. I have tried it myself, very good value for money and it is a plus there is enough space for the massage table.

Will I go back to the Villas? Yes, I can bring my family or a conference group here. I know that their service level is so high so I am confident I would be in good hands.

Room Tip: If you prefer quiet rooms, ask for blocks D-E. Corner back rooms have windows in the bathroom. If yo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Wonderful and very convenient hotel. Staff was so helpful, friendly, and very accommodating. Breakfast was great. Laundry room on site to do your own or can have it done for a small fee. Wireless Internet is free. Felt very safe on the campus with extensive lighting and CCTV along with security guards. Full stocked bar and restaurant in house with room service. Great location to Loftus Field for Blue Bulls Rugby and Woolworth's 2 blocks away.

Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank coronashines
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Great location, very friendly staff, walking distance to food grocers and restaurants. Bedrooms okay. Quite standard and limited on the charm front, but it has everything you need and is incredibly central for working trips. Across the way from the US embassy. Ideal for a stay in Pretoria of more than 2 days and if you want the option to semi-self cater. Mattresses are not great though. I could feel the springs in my bed. Time to get new mattresses!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SuzyZam
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Nice place and very conducive for children. Excellent customer care. Food was great, I stayed there for a week and enjoyed everthing i ordered.The suite was nice however the bathroom needs some improvement, looks a bit old and tired.I would love to stay there again. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Chinaza
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Family-friendly accommodations are a little difficult to find in Pretoria, but we were happy with our stay at the Villas. We got a two-bedroom suite and it is always a plus to have the kids sleep in a separate room. The suite was very spacious similar to to temporary stay corporate lodging. We were very comfortable there. The breakfast spread was amazing and had lots of choices where everyone in the family could eat something they liked. The restaurant wasn't the greatest, but after a long day of travel on our first night, we didn't feel like eating out and all of the grocery stores were closed for the day. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone traveling with children.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JRIZ
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Stayed here on business in 2010 just before the World Cup. Average hotel, nothing to write home about. Rooms are kept clean, staff are friendly and it right opposite the American Embassy which means it is usually always busy.

I was in the complex at the back of the hotel, fairly quiet, nothing to do locally and you have to get around by car or taxi. Overall more of a business hotel rather than a family or couple friendly hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Pretoria hotels
Court Classique Suite Hotel
#10 of 73 in Pretoria
Southern Sun Pretoria
Southern Sun Pretoria
#8 of 73 in Pretoria

Been to The Villas Luxury Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Villas Luxury Suite Hotel

Address: 276 Orient Street | cnr Orient & Pretorius Street, Arcadia, Pretoria 0083, South Africa
Region: South Africa > Gauteng > Pretoria
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Pretoria
Price Range: £75 - £84 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — The Villas Luxury Suite Hotel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Villas Luxury Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.