“Comfortable, relaxing, welcoming & great service”

Cascades Guest House
Ranked #34 of 364 Pretoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed at Cascades Guesthouse for 5 nights with a Dutch colleague when we went to Pretoria for research work. Was on recommendation of my husband. Different type of rooms to choose from; all looked comfortable, very clean. Would appreciate a bigger working table in the room though. A little table and chair outside room is very handy. Quiet and safe area; walking distance to a shopping centre with great variety of restaurants, a pharmacy, food store, liquor store etc. Easily accessible from city and different areas, parking available or just use the taxi service that they usually use. Cascades also had no problem with us having a meeting with a colleague one morning at the breakfast area. Comfy couches indoors.I like the fact that one can use the fridge to stock things that need to be kept cold. Good breakfast. Lovely communal outdoor area with tables and chairs at pool where you can relax (or sit and work like we did). Not sure if that area might get busy in the summer time? My Dutch colleague was also very impressed with Cascades. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the deluxe room without A/C and did not find it to be a problem in the month of Septembe...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Ansie7ster, Owner at Cascades Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you, Griet, for the detailed review!
We have a conference centre, which, when not booked, can be used for work. There are many tables.
Our central location is one of our best selling points; Waterkloof is a lovely area to stay, exercise or shop in.
We like all our guests to feel at home with us and I am looking forward to host you again!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

During last June I visited Pretoria a couple of times and I stayed in this familiar guesthouse. I can give only compliments. The owners are ready to help you in any query you may have, take good care of you and make sure that you feel like at home (needless to say that the superb breakfast you will enjoy, it helps). I only regretted not to enjoy the nice patio they have, but it was too cold to stay outside. You always must leave something for your next visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Ansie7ster, Owner at Cascades Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Oh Sylvia, what better words to warm my heart in the winter! I appreciate that you enjoy our guest house and our hospitality!
Looking forward to welcome you in summer, the garden is exquisite then...

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I regularly stay at Cascades when I have meetings in Pretoria so I call it my home away from home as that's how it feels. Comfortable, stylish, excellent breakfasts, lovely people, beautiful surroundings - everything you need. When I stay there, I go for a run in the mornings and it's a real treat - such a stunning area. Oh, and there are great shops and restaurants just around the corner. Thank you Estelle and colleagues.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ericksons4
Ansie7ster, Owner at Cascades Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

What a wonderful compliment, thank you! This is probably the best area of Pretoria to be in, it is safe and beautiful. Waterkloof Centre and Brooklyn Mall has just been refurbished and has a great selection of fashion, housewares and restaurants.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Cascades is the reason I like non-chain places to stay. I know that going independent can be a lottery but this was a winner. Individual, safe, pleasant, peaceful, welcoming, comfortable and clean. While I didn't have the full breakfast it looked excellent. Close to some great restaurants and in what seemed to be a safe neighbourhood.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thanks Bernie, you summarise so succinctly what we aim for, the welcoming friendliness, comfort and cleanliness... we are also very proud of our peaceful garden setting in the centre of the business area.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

We had the pleasure of spending just over four months at the Cascades. Our experience was exceptional. The staff is extremely professional yet very kind and thoughtful tending to our every need as well as offering great suggestions for shopping, dining out, yoga and vacation spots. Our apartment was furnished tastefully, the beds were very comfortable, the linens were of high quality and the kitchen was appointed with everything we needed. The Cascades is located in a quiet, lovely tree lined neighborhood that is wonderful for walking to nearby restaurants, pharmacy, shopping and a grocery store. The grounds are lovely and very nicely maintained. We highly recommend The Cascades for conferences, short term and long term stays.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Ansie7ster, Owner at Cascades Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Wow, I am so glad you enjoyed our long term apartment that much! I must say, you felt more like neighbours than clients...and we miss you now!

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We were fortunate to spend an evening in the Guest House. A wonderful break and my husband was able to see their conference facilities as well. Lovely, tranquil setting with all the service needed plus a wonderful breakfast. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Did not require a fitness center or room service.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Ansie7ster, Owner at Cascades Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

I´m so happy you enjoyed the guesthouse. So THANK YOU for enjoying our garden setting and the beautiful account of your experience, for enjoying all that we love to share with all our guests. Wishing to be able to see you some day again, I send you my very best wishes.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Very friendly owner, quiet location, good breakfast, ver personal service

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Ansie7ster, Owner at Cascades Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Hi,
Thank you for writing this lovely review and including the exact features that we are known for: the quiet, central location and personal service.
Happy traveling!