Goodey's Guesthouse
Illyria House(Pretoria)
US$238
US$204
Agoda.com
Morning Star Express Hotel(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$62
Agoda.com
All reviewsstay there againguest housesecond homehome away from homequiet areaexcellent servicerooms are cleanhosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed at Goodey's Guesthouse from 10 - 22 Dec 2013. The Guesthouse is conveniently situated within walking distance from the Urology Hospital where my husband was hospitilised. The location suited me perfectly, as did the amenities such as the intimate swimming pool. The beautiful interior decoration of Room 7 with it's kitchen, TV and radio made it feel like home from home. The service and cleanliness are outstanding. The friendly hosts, John and Hantie Goodey, give their Guesthouse a unique warmth,making their quests feel at home yet independant.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Jenny M
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Having stayed in several GH around Pretoria this one has to be up there with best. A very quiet and safe place to stay with very good hosts. The room was especially well equipped for self catering and very clean with good comfortable bed. Would not hesitate to reccomend to any friends and will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank MarkColl
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The room was clean and the bathrooms is beautiful, and that will be my second home when I'm in Pretoria. I will also refer my friends and coleagues to experience what I did.I hope I will bring my wife one da

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are pefect
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 2 November 2013

A lovely Guesthouse! Everything was just perfect from the the very comfortable beds to the lovely breakfasts. Located in such a beautiful area of Pretoria. Thank you Hantie and John for your wonderful hospitality. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Kim D
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed in Goodey's Guesthouse the first two nights we were is SA. Everything was just excellent - the room was large and brand new, bathroom really huge and the service impeccable. We really liked the abundant and tasty breakfast.
Although we did not use the pool nor the braai area - the facilities are there in a really lovely inner yard. The surroundings of the guesthouse are very quiet and safe (many embassies) and as Pretoria is not a huge city and we had a rental car, everything was close by.
I definitely recommend staying at Goodey's and if I am ever again in Pretoria I would try to stay there again.

Room Tip: There are new rooms in a building next to the main house. If you manage to get a room there you will have a very private place with your own terrace.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple