“Good, Safe, Friendly”

Ranked #1 of 73 Hotels in Pretoria
South Africa
“Good, Safe, Friendly”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had to do an unexpected visit to Pretoria at the last moment.

Went on line to find a place to stay for two nights and came across Morning Star, when i phoned them they were very polite and friendly. I had one problem, it was about 16h00 when i phoned them, making my arrival in Pretoria in the very early hours of the morning.

I got to the hotel at about 2h30 in the morning and when i checked in i was charged for one night and an extra R 250.00 for early check in, thus i was there for two nights. This was not expected, not many, if any place would do that, i was even offered Breakfast that morning.

The room was clean and neat and somewhat comfortable, it was really very good.

To all the staff @ Morning Star, well done keep it up and i will return to your hotel when in Pretoria again. 1000 % !!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank polly_in_kzn
PhilLategan, General Manager at Morning Star Express Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Firstly I would like to thank you for your favorable review on your stay at the Morningstar Express Hotel. It is only when we receive feedback from our guests that we are able to improve our product offering and remain customer centric.

We look forward to your continued patronage.

Kind Regards

Philip Lategan
Morning Star Express Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The hotel offers and excellent customer service.I and my family really enjoyed our stay in the morning star express hotel. The menu for breakfast and dinner was quite standard. The hotel staff are very committed and Cebisa is exceptional. Kudos to all the staff.

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Hi I'm Ndalamo Tshishonga,I spent my night at your hotel last month,I realy liked your hotel,your room is very beautiful n everything that it has inside,I loved ur dinner n breakfast they were very delicious and your really treated me well n special,they were friendly and I realy love the view of your hotel and I would like to visit u again.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I checked in on the 25 well the 2 receptionist were not helping much they were just playing with each other, they even forgot to activate my key card when I get in to my room I only found out that the card wasn't activated "bad service" I had to go down stairs for assistant that when the security guard helped,the other day the receptionist wasn't focus at all she apologised, the rooms are nice & cosy. The break fast was super nice I enjoyed 3days there I would mind to go back again or tell a friend about my experience, the cleanliness is 100%

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank zillycious
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 4 October 2011

The hotel was OK. Loved the 22 inch LCD TV - it's actually not too small. The breakfast was quite tasty - I don't usually like hotel breakfasts. But it was cold!
Another very nice touch was that a room accommodates three people - not just two! There's a double bed on the floor and then a climb-up single bed on top.
If you require absolute peace and quite however, this hotel's not for you. A lot of guests were drunk and making noise occasionally - it was Saturday night.
I was however offended that they refused to honour my Honeyguide loyalty club discount.
The biggest lowlight is that they have used cheap finishings and this beautiful hotel will deteriorate quite rapidly into a dingy place. Use it now while it's still new.
Overall, I will definitely use them again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple