“Great place for relaxing or business”

314 on Clark Guest House
Ranked #12 of 358 Pretoria B&B and Inns
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great place for relaxing or business”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Very nice B&B, spotlessly clean, in nice upscale quiet neighborhood great to go for a jog or walk. Comfortable, convenient, satellite tele, complimentary wireless, snacks, air con, modern bath, everything you need. Beautiful property and nice areas to simple sit outside and relax with coffee or a drink. Great food as well. I have stayed in many B&Bs in Pretoria and 314 on Clark is the best. Derick and Anja are great and work hard to make your experience a good one. April 2013 was my second stay here and look forward to many more. it is a clean and nice as any place you will find.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 20 February 2013

The Guesthouse is well kept and rooms are clean. With the size of the yard i expected to see a small pool. Anyway, this place is located in Brooklyn, quiet with close access to Waterkloof shops where one can get restaurants some convenient shops. It would be ideal to rent a car if u intend to explore surrounding areas. I must say the guesthouse is ideal for those on business.

The breakfasts and monotonous lacking some variety if you stay there for more than 2 nights you will feel it. For those with kids...hmmmmmm this might not be the best place..consider other options.All in all this is one of the cleanest guesthouses i have been to in RSA

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Admiral N
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I wrote this review only after reading all the scandalous reviews regarding this guesthouse. Its an absolute travesty that anyone can say anything negative about this guesthouse. I still consider it to be the best guesthouse I've ever stayed at, and I've stayed at several!

From the moment we phoned to make a booking the receptionist was friendly and accomodating. We were talked through all the different rooms and helped to make a decision regarding the type of suite we would require. On arriving I immediately thought that this was one of those guesthouses that is rated as 4* but honestly, should be 5*. It is BEAUTIFUL. The staff are friendly and the guesthouse is beautifully decorated. The rooms have comfortable beds and a desk to sit at and work, and the bathroom is modern and a delight to use. I found the tiles in the bathroom a bit cold in the winter though!

We were given delicious homemade food, and found the receptionists and the owner in particular to be friendly and more than gracious to all our demands. I will definitely return. This guest house is a gem in Pretoria that few people know about. It definitely felt like a home away from home!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RuMark
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Do not send a 50% deposit as requested by the hotel. I transferred in February - sent two emails with proof of transfer but when we stayed in April they did not have it on record. I paid the full amount. As soon as I was back in Cape Town I emailed proof of deposit again but was told they had no record of it. For an entire month I emailed and called them begging them to help trace the money as it could not have just disappeared into cyberspace. They said they did not need to ask their bank as the money was not in the account. My bank and Visa credit card confirmed it was out of my account with the correct account details. Eventually I spoke to the owner directly who finally went to her bank to query the issue. Surprisingly they suddenly found the money. After a month! And I spent hours of my time trying to track it. They then took a full 5 days to send the refund. They did offer a free night should I head to Pretoria again but as that is unlikely I suggested they refund me for one of the nights we stayed at the hotel. That was request was completely ignored.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Linda3001
Milwaukee
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Our World Cup group stayed at 314 on Clark for 2 nights. The property is beautiful and the rooms are well-appointed and clean. The breakfast area, lounge, and courtyard are also well-decorated and comfortable, and the free wi-fi was a plus. Definitely recommended in Pretoria.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends