“A home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pretoria
Ambiance Guest House
Ranked #4 of 364 Pretoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have been staying at Ambiance regularly since January 2011, and I always choose to stay there over any other establishment in Pretoria. Deidre is the most charming and friendly host, along with her husband, Pieter, they go that extra mile to make sure they can accommodate your requirements .... The 4 rooms are all beautifully furnished and comfortable, each with their own design. Rooms 1 and 2 are family rooms and have a lovely, small but fully equipped kitchen and a sofa bed for children (my girls are twins of 16 and they happily sleep on there together). The other two rooms have smaller self catering facilities with microwave and crockery and cutlery, perfect for overnight/2 night stays and microwave meals ... however if it is 100% self catering you require then rooms 1& 2 are the better options for you. The downsides of this establishment (and there aren't many) ... parking inside is tricky if you have a large 4x4, however we have parked outside on numerous occasions with no problems. The DSTV selection is limited .... only SABC (South African news channel or CNN) no SKY News or BBC. There is no credit card facility payment is by cash or bank transfer only which is frustrating. That said, you will always be warmly welcomed and I am sure will find yourself wanting to return again and again (we do !)

Room Tip: If you are travelling with children then rooms 1&2 are family rooms. Rooms 3&4 are double r...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have stayed in several excellent guesthouses in Hatfield and Lynwood (nr Pretoria), and Ambiance was the most expensive. However, the difference in price reflects the impeccable facilities, with every detail attended to - from a fabulous garden, to luxurious bed/living-room (with decent coffee and luxurious complimentary treats) and a wallow-for-hours bathroom. Boutique guest house is an understatement. Keep up the good work Deidre.

Room Tip: My room had garden access some rooms seemed to have their own little patio with chair/table
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I came to find myself at Ambiance due to another guesthouse being fully booked, and I am very glad that it was. The service was impeccable, with all of the genuine courtesy of people who truly care about their guests' experience. I felt completely safe, comfortable, and well fed at Ambiance! If I come back to Pretoria I will certainly check in with Ambiance as my first port of call. Thanks Deidre!

P.S. you can't beat the breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Thank you for a wonderful stay!! We felt welcome from the moment we arrived, Deidre certainly goes the extra mile for her guests. We stayed in a beautiful room and we enjoyed every minute at the guest house. Excellent attention to detail! Hope to visit Ambiance Guest House in the near future!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2012

This was my dream guest house! The interior design was superb, especially for the price. The website boasts a refreshingly apt portrayal of each room: unlike other B&B's with misleading photographs, we didn't feel cheated when we saw our room.

What struck me was everything was done with such heart - the decor, the garden and especially Deidre's interaction with us. This is a business run with excellence and passion, and that comes through in everything. Every now and then we'd hear a guest arriving or leaving - but other than that, we felt like the only people there. I simply can't recommend this enough.

Room Tip: If you need to unwind, the Paris room has an amazing bath and lavender incense, with bubble bath!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Three of us (self, partner and grandson) arrived at Ambiance after an overnight flight from London, expecting the rest of our party to arrive a couple of hours later, having flown from Newcastle via Paris. In fact they were 24 hours late due to plane problems. Deidre (with whom I'd had much friendly correspondence prior to our visit) and Pieter were extremely welcoming. The rooms were comfortable and they couldn't do too much to make our stay happy, including getting hold of SA sim cards for our mobile phones. I would definitely stay there again and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wants to arrive in a warm and welcoming place,

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Randomly choosing an affordable place to stay in Pretoria during the World Cup rush was daunting, but my family and I definitely chose the perfect place when we reserved at the Ambiance Guesthouse. We were so lucky!
Deidre and Pieter welcomed us with sincere warmth and went the extra to assure that we - and all their guests - were happy and enjoyed our experience in South Africa. Indeed, we felt we were visiting friends. Our room at the Ambiance was comfortably decorated and fully equipped. It included a kitchenette stocked with staples and snacks, sofa, television, table, chairs, desk etc. and free wi-fi. It was very relaxing and opened to the garden. They did have two very friendly and polite dogs, no cats.
The guesthouse was conveniently located in a safe and quiet neighborhood, and there was a small shopping plaza with banks and supermarket a short walk away. On match day we were able to walk to Loftus stadium and the Hatfield and university area. The Brooklyn and Menlyn malls were within close driving distance, It was also easy access to the major highways - the N4 and N1- as well as only 45 minutes from Tambo international airport.
Staying at the Ambiance Guesthouse and meeting the wonderful people of South Africa were the highlights of our World Cup experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple