City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood
US$56
Faircity Roodevallei(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$64
Morning Star Express Hotel(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$62
US$91
US$89
Priceline
US$175
US$171
Hotels.com
All reviewswoolworths foodlynwood bridgebusiness tripsmall shoppingsame complexsmall gymhotel breakfastwalking distancelocation is excellentshopping centregautrain busthe hotel is cleanfree wifitambo airporteasy accessrooms are spaciousvisiting pretoria
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Positive: 1. location - close to two shopping malls and lots of restaurants; 2. open screen between bedroom and bathroom which lets in light (and means you can watch TV whilst lying in the bath); 3. separate walk in shower as well as a bath; 4. comfortable bed and good pillows; 5. reasonably priced internet access which was fast and efficient; 6. helpful and very polite staff (in contrast to some other reviews - maybe they have had further training in public relations but I found everybody, without exception, charming and helpful); 7. comfortable swivel office type chair and a good sized desk with three accessible power points (South African plug; UK plug; Euro plug); 8. nice little gym and swimming pool; 9. good breakfast selection.

Negative: 1. no mini-bar fridge in the room - this was a serious inconvenience as I couldn't keep drinks or food cold; 2. fixed shower head in the shower - really irritating as I don't always want to wash my hair and I like to shower without getting my hair wet.

So overall - very good. Please put a minibar fridge in the room and install a hand held shower - then the hotel would be perfect!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LCB2008
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel - and thanks for your constructive criticisms as well.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Good place for a short time. Check in staff need to learn about being pleasant to your guests. One tall male staff member in particular was very arrogant. The bed sheet had a small section with a couple of what looked like blood stains on them.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Thank you for your comments. We will look into the matters that you raised as service excelllence and cleanliness are amongst our top priorities.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I really enjoyed staying here for three nights eventhough it was for work only.

What I liked:
Location - was able to get a massage, go to the supermarket or choose from a choice of great restaurants all at walking distance
Team - I liked the diversity, friendliness and professionalism of the team. I forgot my phone at breakfast one day and one of the waitresses handed it to reception for me. They also called taxis for us when we needed them. Check in and out was efficiently carried out.
Rooms were cleaned every day and to one of the highest standards Ive encountered.
I love the reception/bar area, had a few drinks and coffee with a muffin (delicious!).
My colleagues enjoyed the pool, I didnt get time to use it.

Room for improvement...:
Get my laundry on time. I had to chase it twice.
Gym is small but functional and opens long hours

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review of our hotel. We appreciate it and hope to welcome you again as a guest.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I arrived earlier than check in time and was told that no room was available (despite having been aranged through my work that one would be available). The reception staff were not so much rude as just very uninterested and not particularly friendly. The breakfast was good but service is very, very slow at the bar and the restaurant - I ordered a sandwich for lunch one day and it took over 45 minutes to arrive (after I had enquired twice as to where it was) with no apology.
Rooms are clean and comfortable and the location is nice as there are a number of shops and different restaurants opposite the hotel but I would not choose to stay here again as poor service lets the hotel down. No free wifi either.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Russe1982
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for your review. We will certainly look into your complaints as we pride ourselves on our friendly and efficieint services.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed over on Saturday night at city lodge at Lynwood bridge and was pleasantly surprised at the level of service. Will definitely stop there again. Great location. Convenient to shops and restaurants. In the past stayed at the one up the road.... The town lodge which was also good, but this one is even better with so many great places to eat right outside the hotel. Had dinner at Co Cacchio and breakfast at Tribeca.... Both places I would recommend.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony which was great in the morning to sit and watch Pretoria come to life
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at City Lodge Hotel Lynnwood, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Thanks so much for your favourable comments about our hotel, its services, and its proximity to many facilities. We hope to welcome you again soon as a guest.