“Loved our stay”

Ranked #30 of 356 Pretoria B&B and Inns
England, United Kingdom
“Loved our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

I spent a long time searching on the internet for a place to stay with my family for one week in Pretoria. Dinkwe attracted me because the rooms looked beautiful and was in the secure area. On our arrival, Dinkwe Guest House looked very simple from the outside but inside it was amazing. The facilities are excellent, the host Katrina was very helpful, flexible and willing to help our stay in any way possible

I loved the the design of the room, Shower, TV and amazing breakfast.

I would love to run a B+B in Kigali-Rwanda, and if so I would copy the example of he host Katrina.

Katrina, Please keep up this amazing service...Thank you

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jean Noel M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Hebrew first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

The best place between Jo'burg airport and the way to Kruger and/or Panorama road (ab. 25 min by car) for the first night after a tiring flight(s) and the start of your vacation. Once behind the front door you will enter in a small paradise from exotic gardens, swimming pool and very, very nice rooms. Ekaterina will be the best host you ever met. Much better than a impersonal big hotel and less expensive!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank JVG_12
JOHANNESBURG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I needed to get away from it all as things were just becoming too stressful and I needed a break.
My first thought was of the beauty, tranquility and hospitality of Dinkwe Guest House that I had experienced previously when I stayed there.
From the moment I arrived on Friday evening until I left on Sunday afternoon, once again, Katerina went out of her way to make everything extra special. She arranged a massage for me at a Peppa's Spa on Saturday morning which was absolutely incredible and just what I needed. Nothing is too much trouble for Katerina and you find in her a friend and not just "the owner".
The breakfasts also exceeded all expectations. Katerina's cooking earns her a definite A+ in my books. On Sunday morning, Katerina's birthday, she spoilt the guests with homemade strawberry, banana and ice cream pancakes - WOW! Words cannot describe how delicious they were and definitely the comfort food I needed.
The accommodation was as clean and beautiful as I remembered and I couldn't have wished for a more comfortable bed.
The gardens are so relaxing and I highly recommend just sitting at the pool with a good book, a glass of wine and "chilling".
I set out to Dinkwe Guest House with the purpose of finding some peace within myself and when it came time to leave on Sunday afternoon, not only had I found inner peace, but a friend in Katerina and a place I want to return to time and time again when I need to "escape".
Congratulations Katerina on an outstanding establishment that I definitely view as one of the "wonders of the World".
I highly recommend Dinkwe Guest House to everyone and can guarantee you will not be disappointed in any way.
I can't wait for my next stay.

Room Tip: Definitely the Honeymoon Suite. It is gorgeous and holds a feeling of "romance".
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank CHERYL M
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Thank you so much to Dinkwe guest house. The accommodation was charming, immaculate and very boutique but what made it outstanding was the way our hosts (Katerina and her husband) went out of their way to help us make the best of our trip.
We would strongly recommend Dinkwe to all friends and family.

Room Tip: Only 5 rooms so all are good.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trkest
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Coming from England, I was not sure of what to expect, but the Dinkwe guest house turn our to be an excellent place, very cosy environment and very clean. We love it

Stephen & Abigail

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mandy A
Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

My son and I stayed three nights at Dinkwe Guest House and found it the best experience in a Guest House in South Africa to date. The owner, Ekaterina, made our visit even more special by helping us with local touring information and offering objective advice concerning local attractions. The rooms were decorated in authentic African decor and the gardens and pool areas were magnificent with several ponds and fountains throughout. Would we return...you bet! An outstanding experience. John and Kean from Germany and NY, respectively.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jpg5
Oudega
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

We went to Dinkwe Guesthouse on our last vacationday before going home. The guesthouse is about 45 minutes drive to the airport, and is located in Pretoria. The chambers where very clean and nice decorated. The guesthouse is different then all the rest because first of all: the friendly hostess (from Bulgaria) who wants to do everything for you. For example: we could use her own navigation system for an easy drive to activities. And secondly: she has her own private cinema, we could use for free!
The only small thing for improvement is: the swimmingpool could be cleaner.
For your first and last days in SA, it's perfect.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends