“Laid Back Sunday Indeed!”
Review of Kievits Kroon

Kievits Kroon
Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Pretoria
“Laid Back Sunday Indeed!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Myself and fiance' spent a truly memorable Sunday at Kievits Kroon!
The Laid back Sunday spa package exceeded all our expectations!
The Staff at the venue were all extremely helpful and attentive,
The lunch at Granita was an experience all on its own!
Could not recommend this place more!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thanks for the high recommendation! I'm pleased you enjoyed your Laid Back Sunday with us and hope to see you back again soon.
ALAN O'LEARY, MANAGING DIRECTOR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Johannesburg
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I took my partner for a surprise night away at the beginning of April and was wowed from the time of the booking to the time we left. The service experienced was of a high standard and really a pleasure. The dining was also really great with an awesome variety. The spa is worthy of the awards it holds as the facilities, therapists and treatments were absolutely lovely. The complimentary birthday welcome basket and cake at dinner were also simplw yet effective additions. Your gardens are just beyond beautiful and it definitely won't be the last time we visit. Thanks to an incredible team.....much love - Donna and Tumi

KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Your fantastic feedback is highly appreciated and makes all the hard work by our team worth while! Thank you for your support and positive comments. We look forward to seeing you again at Kievits Kroon.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I spent a night at Kievits Kroon. We had a wonderful time. We booked a couples' massage at the spa which was excellent and enjoyed using the spa facilities. Dinner and breakfast was outstanding. The staff are so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Just what we needed and will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
It's very rewarding to receive such positive feedback, thank you! Your comments have been passed on to the team and we look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Kievits Kroon is a beautiful property with a friendly, capable and loyal team of staff. We had a fantastic dining experience in Granita, the tasting menu with wine pairing is an absolute must! The rooms are luxurious and spacious with all the amenities that you would expect from an upmarket hotel. It was a real treat and I can't wait to go back. Thank you Kievits Kroon!

KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
It's wonderful to have such positive feedback from our guests, and the staff really appreciate it. Thank you for taking the trouble to post this review. We hope to see you back soon.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I have been searching for a stunning venue to get away from home without trekking for hours. Kievits Kroon is just that place. We spent an afternoon at the spa where we were treated like royalty and an evening enjoying the fine food that they offer. The cape Dutch setting is stunning and the VIP suites are a must treat for a special night away from home. Privacy is guaranteed and service is attentive. The resort paid special attention to my booking request and all my small requests where attended to and they even added their own special treats.

We will make this a regular night out venue! Only 50 minutes from JHB.

KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you back at Kievits Kroon.
Roodepoort, South Africa
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was our 5the stay at Kievits Kroon and we will keep going back. What an amazing getaway. It is wonderfully relaxing, service is excellent and the Peaking Duck starter we ordered is the best food money can buy. Thank you to all the staff at Kievits Kroon for your great service and hospitality. We will see you soon!!!!!

Room Tip: The corner units are great.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucinda H
KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for your great feedback and for your loyal support. Our team will be delighted to read your comments and see that their hard work and dedication is being recognised. We hope to see you again soon.
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 24 March 2014

In my culture there's a saying that says a good thing needs to be repeated. So for me Kievits Kroon like all good things needed to be repeated. Let me start by saying this is the second time I have booked for a picnic at Kievits Kroon. The first picnic was on the 16 February 2014 for me and my partner and boOooy were we given 5 star service which exceeded our expectations. Our waiter Thabang who also served as on my second picnic was very friendly and professional through out.

After having such an awesome experience at the hotel, I made a suggestion to a couple of my friends that we should have my friends bridal shower there, and they all agreed. I did the booking with Nicole Lamprecht who was so patient and helpful with all the chopping and changing we made. Come Saturday 22 March for my friends picnic bridal shower...oh my word...words cant describe how all our friends were so blown away including the guest of honor the bride. The set up with beautiful, the food was divine and very substantial. The service from all staff members who were on duty was very heart warming.

Kievits Kroon is more than deserving of being called the number 1 picnic spot in Pretoria. They truly go above and beyond to guarantee guest satisfaction. Kievits gets a 10/10 for me:)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
What a great idea to have a picnic for a bridal shower. I'm delighted it worked out so well and that you all had a great time. Thank you for this wonderful, positive feedback. I will make sure that the Kievits Kroon team sees your review and pass on your compliments to Nicole and Thabang. We hope to see you back at Kievits Kroon soon.