“Excellent food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mosaic

Mosaic
Ranked #1 of 678 Restaurants in Pretoria
Price range: US$48 - US$75
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: View, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient Private Hotel is this country’s finest destination restaurant and private hotel. Award-winning South African Chef Chantel Dartnall is known for presenting the art of nature on her plates through her botanical cuisine to take you on a culinary tour of pure indulgence. Bask in the sophisticated atmosphere of exotic spaces; an Oriental style oasis set in lush and tranquil 280h of the Francolin Conservancy. The Mosaic cellar is unparalleled in this country with some of the most exceptional and rare wines from both South Africa and internationally.
White River, South Africa
“Excellent food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Have eaten here several times and have always been impressed.
one of the top restaurants in South Africa.
Chantell is a highly commendable chef and if we had Michelin starts in this country there definately be one or two awarded here.

• Visited August 2013

“An absolute delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I took my dad to Mosaic for fathers day and we had the most incredible meal. Service was exemplary and for a Sunday lunch it's a delight of a place as you get to see the craziness that is The Orient.

We had the set menu and it was a beautiful balance of food that satisfied without overfilling you. The attention to detail and care from the chef and her team was splendid.

My only comment would be some of the elements on the dishes were cold which may be a timing issue in the kitchen. Not a huge thing but does sometimes affect the flavour of the dish.

I will definitely return again - an absolute delight!

Johannesburg, South Africa
“My top restaurant in South Africa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Although we have heard a lot of good things about the restaurant, we have only visited this March as it was a a bit further from Johannesburg.

Not only did we have one of our best meals in and around Johannesburg in a long time, the unique venue, the great service and the way everything comes together just make the restaurant really remarkable. It leaves you with no doubt with regards to the amount of efforts and care that was put in to ensure that you will have a wonderful experience.

Coincidently, my wife and I made a trip to Southern France and Paris during the month after we visited Mosaic, and I can definitely agree with an earlier comment that Mosaic will trump any Michelin 2 Stars, if we had the Michelin guide in SA, I believe that it will definitely be our 3 star in Gauteng.

Just one wish which may not be entirely reasonable, I hope that there may be a few days in the year where the restaurant can make it an open day so that I can also bring my little ones, who are almost 10, to share in this wonderful experience (and selfishly, it will provide us with more reason and opportunities to go there more frequently)

At the moment, I cannot wait for the chance to take the drive again to Mosaic in the not too distant future.

• Visited March 2014
“Absolutely the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Hosted a dinner for 20 guests at this exclusive restaurant and was blown away. The whole experience was world class. It started from the moment one arrived. Being early I spent time in the Tienie Pritchard Museum which showcases his extensive work. A hidden gem, tastefully done and very informative. Germain the sommelier gave us a tour of the extensive cellar, I dare anyone not to find a wine or champagne to their liking. His knowledge and passion is infectious.
There are not enough superlatives to describe the food prepared by Chantel. Everybody was raving about the entire multi-course meal. I had a gastronomic experience compatible to anything I have tasted anywhere in the world. The meal was accompanied by wines especially selected for the occasion by winemaker of the year winner Christiaan Groenewald from Arenskloof. This marriage of food and wine was the cherry on the top and we were able to marvel at how Christiaan produces such a wide variety of wines on the same farm.
Although outside the city limits of Pretoria, the drive is not bad, I stuck to the highways and toll roads. In hindsight I should have booked to stay overnight to round off a wonderful experience. This is a venue for a special occasion where the enjoyment will linger for a long time.

Visited June 2014
“Better than any 2 Michelin start restaurant I've been”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

One can write pages singing the virtue of this establishment. But nothing will prepare you for what you about experience.

As an experience frequenter of the finest dining establishments in Europe. This is the restaurant that blew me away. A definite 2 Michelin star contender and nor far away from that prestigious 3rd star.

Stop pining. Just go there and see for yourself.

Visited February 2014