“Pure Italian”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Paris
“Pure Italian”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Best Italian restaurant in Africa!
Incredible food in the real Italian spirit, quality products, professional, efficient and friendly service. Good value for money.
Thank you for this beautiful evening, Fumo is a teat for every senses,

Pretoria, South Africa
“Overpriced monotonous unimaginative food”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We went to Fumo 25/10/2013 for a nice dinner at about 7:30 as it has very good reviews on tripadvisor. I must say the service we received was very good from the get go, although I suggest that you cool your red wine a little because serving red wine at room temperature when it is 30 degrees is not advisable, I would suggest 15 to 18 degrees.

We shared a bruschetta for starter and was quite tasty and good value, however that is where it stopped. My wife had the Venezia Risotto, which was the most unimaginative dish i've ever seen! It tasted like salty oats with black food colouring, we couldn't finish it, as it felt like a chore to force it down. The description of prawns should be changed to the singular, as it is misleading; you only receive one tasteless shrimp
I had the Mediterranean sea bass, which wasn't too bad, although it tasted the same as a hake and chips at the local take out. But at R200 for a 200 gram piece of fish with no sides, I would say it has no value for money.
Desserts was very good and good value for money.

All in all, there are a lot of other restaurants that I will rather go to that I've consistently had good experiences at. I would rather suggest Caraffa, Ritrovo or Le Brasserie de Paris.

3 Thank RuanVanDerMerwe
Pretoria
“What a night!!!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We went to Fumo to meet some friends last week. What a great visit!

Great service, food and atmosphere! I really did not expect such a lovely night at a restaurant I visited for the first time! Even though we only had pizza and beer, we still felt so well looked after and special.

The pizza was not what you would expect from a normal South African pizza joint, but just so much better! Great variety and very fresh ingredients! As our lovely hostess, Ansie, informed us... REAL DEAL ITALIAN!

Fumo will definitely see us again!

Pretoria, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Date night ”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited Fumo for the first time last night for a monthly date night dinner. It was my turn to choose the restaurant and to be honest, one of my main reasons was the response David Lamberti gave to AlexandrovnaOF on a poor review. I admired the fact that his response was polite yet very clearly putting this reviewer in their place. I wanted to eat at a place where the management were clearly in control, witty and passionate about their restaurant.

From our first steps in, we were greeted with warm smiles and admiration for the decor. Fumo is a lovely looking restaurant and although big, it doesn't come across as impersonal. Memory was our waitress for the evening and she was fantastic - big smile, great sense of humour and super polite! She didn't fault even for a second, when we return we will more than likely ask to be sat in her section specifically! Please pass this onto her.

We skipped starters and had pizzas, my husband had the calzone and I had the Diavola. Yummy! And great value for money because the portions are big. Quality ingredients are obvious. For dessert my husband had the ice cream assortment, all delicious and the cinnamon, a must-have! I had chocolate soufflé and thoroughly enjoyed it.

In summary, Fumo is well worth a visit and will prompt return visits all on its own based on the experience you will have. Food is great, service is excellent and for an award winning establishment, they're not overpriced!

Thanks for a wonderful evening Fumo!

jorburg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful Evening”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The Smell of the Garlic bread as it was being made just made me look forward to the rest of the evening. As we sat on the terrace a clean and fresh breeze hit us on this Friday evening.

We got attention the moment we got in . The lady on duty gave us special options for the evening. I opted for the Artichoke salad and my son had the Fried Calamari. Its was so fresh and tasty that I ordered another salad as take away for my sick wife. For the mains we both had fish the full sea bream and a sea bass.

The grappa Elisi I had with my espresso wooooooow. The chef came to our table and it was a great feeling to have a chef check if you are happy with the food.

Thank you for a delightful evening we will come back again :)

1 Thank briandz