“I love this place”

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love this place”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Interesting twist on pancakes. I never had anything quite like it in the U.S. loved the pork with apricot stuffed pancake. Fond memories here. Heading back to East Africa in May, hope there is a harries in Burundi.

• Visited October 2013

chicago
“A gem”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Group of us went here as part of a Friendly Planet tour. The savory pancake was tasty, but the star of the show was the banana pancake with ice cream. This is a must try dish!

• Visited February 2014
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Impossible to stop at one course!!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

A real gem in this small town. I had heard the reviews and I have to agree these are the "best pancakes I've ever tasted". So very light and fluffy that you just can't resist having both the savoury and sweet yum yum.
Four of us dined there at lunchtime and the firm favourites were the traditional bobotie filling and also the pull pork with peaches. Such delicious dishes with quality savoury fillings that do tend to be on the sweet side although I liked that. People think it's not spicy enough but hey I think this version works well with the pancake. Both were served with separate sauces which were a good accompaniment.
We were there on 16th January and the restaurant was only half full but I believe this place get's packed as it's popular with tour groups. We had efficient service with cheery staff and our food came out fast.
This place gives me a good reason to come back to Graskop and they really deserve the reputation as their pancakes are unique… keep it up!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jetboys360
Delaware
“Nice lunch alternative”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I always enjoy Harrie's. Have been to the Pretoria one many times over the years and the one that used to be at Cape Town's V&A Waterfront as well. When I find something I enjoy at a particular place, that is what I tend to re-order. I enjoy the Bobotie pancake. I agree with another reviewer that it could be a little spicier (I actually make a version of Bobotie at home in the US) but I still enjoy the flavors.

I recommended it to a student group that I was leading and those who went all raved about both the savory and sweet options. They also said they planned to return since it is a short walking distance from where we stay.

• Visited January 2014
Pretoria, South Africa
“Good South African pancakes, but expensive”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Went for a quick pancake and coffee on a coldish, rainy day. Good quality South African pancakes, but expensive and considering the smallish pancake and filling.

Loved the traditional boboti filling, although it could have been more spicy to South African boboti standards (was almost bland).

• Visited December 2013