“nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mythos

Mythos
Ranked #84 of 679 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pretoria, South Africa
“nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We had a nice meal, and a good time.
Good for Greek food.
Wait staff could be a little quicker though.
We will be back soon.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lizette B

Pretoria, SouthAfrica
“Mythos Irene village mall”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

After a pleasant meal at this restaurant 2 months ago we returned as a party of 5 last night ( 9 July). Our complaints : the waiters seemed more interested in watching the TV screen than their tables, and had to be fetched for service - at no stage did anyone volunteer to serve us or watch to see that drinks needed replenishing, orders taken for food etc. the music drowned any conversation and when we asked that it be turned down, it returned to the original level almost immediately.
We waited for at least 45 minutes for the food to be served ( 3 moussakas, 1 300g steak and one spatchcocked chicken. The moussakas were all cold and congealed on an equally cold plate, the steak was tough, and the chicken dry and over cooked. I suspect that the meals were ready earlier but the waiter simply couldn't take his eyes off the TV screen to fetch them. All moussakas were returned and were merely microwaved for a couple of minutes.
Only towards the end of the meal about 1 1/2 hours later was there any sign of management, when a lady asked us how we were enjoying our meal. We were quite candid, and her response was to look helpless and move on.
Why did no one check that the waiters were simply standing in a row watching TV for a good part of the evening?
Why was management conspicuous by their absence? Why were the plates cold and the food badly cooked ?
Mythos Irene Village Mall, you do not deserve to stay in business!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Strudels
“Forgettable food...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

It's a very beautiful restaurant in the middle of the trendy Brooklyn Design Square. I went there for lunch with a friend. The service was ok, but far from great. The food, however, was the greatest disappointment. We both had lamb chops, mine with grilled vegetables. The vegetables were drenched in oil and the lamb chops? Forgettable! Not a place that I'm likely to visit again.

Visited June 2013
Madison, Alabama
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

I love greek food so whenever I am in the mood this is where my husband and I will end up. We have yet to be disappointed, and I must also say that the service is up to par. The ambience is nice and the drinks are great!

Visited June 2013
Pretoria
“Once again a delightful dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I chose Mythos, Brooklyn Square for my birthday dinner and was not disappointed. The cocktails are so good. The food is outstanding. We had the Vegetarian Mezze platter for 2 and the Meat Mezze platter for 2 and 2 pitas extra as well as a single Greek salad for starters (party of 6). It was more than enough. the salad is a very generous portion. For mains we had the calamari combo, the Garida linuine (Prawn), the Kota Mythos (chicken breast with a lovely sauce). All excellent and full marks for presenation. The halva ice cream is as it says on the menu: divine. O my goodness, it is to die for. The personnel are well trained. Only reason why I give it 4 and not 5 stars: No music was played when the birthday girl got her pina colada!

• Visited May 2013