“Very tasty greek cuisine”
Review of Mythos

Mythos
Ranked #77 of 693 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
SOUTH AFRICA
“Very tasty greek cuisine”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We ordered the meat meze platter for 2 Approx R225 and because we were 3 ordered a big greek salad approx R65 (very nice), and a few other dishes but the platter and greek salad would have neen enough! Everything was very tasty ..... But be warned it is not a cheap place to eat - our bill was over R700 and we had 1 bottle of red wine and 2 whisks plus the food. Nice atmosphere inside, book on Fridays as it seems to be very busy.

• Visited May 2014

Pretoria, South Africa
“Popular Greek restaurant”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Good greek food. Bit expensive for what you get. Draft beer are very expensive. Overall above average. The waiters could improve on there service.

• Visited October 2013
“What a Let Down”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Went for the first time to Mythos last night and was very disappointed. It was actually a toss up between Ocean basket and this place and looks like I chose the wrong one.

Arrived around 1800, not busy at all, maybe 5 or 6 tables apart from us. Ordered food petty quickly and then waited almost an hour for it to turn up. We ordered lamb chops and the lobster pasta. We were actually sitting near the kitchen and could see some heated debates going on between waiters and kitchen staff. Asked the waiter what the delay was and he said they couldn’t agree on what should be served on the lobster dish, which should have set the alarm bells ringing.

When it did turn up the food was hugely disappointing. The 3 lamb chops were served with 3 lukewarm potatoes and nothing else. Although the chops were ok, some veg or some other type of accompaniment would have been nice. The lobster dish was a major let down. The “light spaghetti” was the thickest pasta I have ever seen in my life and not particularly easy to eat. The lobster was well overcooked and not very easy to get out of the shells. By that time I was so hungry and didn’t want to wait another hour for another attempt, so I chewed my way through it. I also had ordered a side of chips, the first batch were had been re heated more than once I suspect and were not edible, the second lot were hardly cooked at all.

After letting the waiter know about my displeasure another guy came over and agreed the lobster was overcooked. He turned out to be the manager but was dressed more like the pot washer. After disappearing for ages he came back to tell me I could have a complimentary dessert as I had already eaten the lobster. I pointed out I didn’t really have a lot of choice as I was so hungry after waiting so long he then said I could have a free coffee instead.

I ended up going back home hungry, R400 lighter for the experience and very unhappy.
What a joke of a restaurant, shan't be going there again and will give this place a wide berth and eat at one of the other restaurants close by

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Sunbirdlodge
White River, South Africa
“First time visitor”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

It was a bit noisy but that is to be expected. I didn't know what to expect cause I am not familiar with Greek food. The food was very good - the red velvet cake is to die for.

Visited March 2014
Kent
“Great place to eat and linger.”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

In the open air dining/entertainment area adjacent to Brooklyn Mall.
There are a few restaurants and bars in this area where people meet up in the early evening. Having tried a few of them in previous visits, this was my first visit to Mythos. Although part of a (smallish ) chain, I thought that this restaurants exceeds its neighbours by far. Wide range of greek Mezze and main courses, good wine list and a lovely veranda where one can linger and watch the crowds go by. This was a very good dining experience and we went twice during a recent visit to Pretoria.

Visited January 2014