“Beautiful”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pretoria
Hoogland Health Hydro
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Pretoria
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Staff friendly. Grounds beautiful. Food delicious. Will go again for sure. Will check my body from head to toe when I leave because I was bitten by one of their ticks and was very ill for about a week. Other than that the staff is friendly and the facilities great except for my bathroom which I could not use.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Sue H

Reviewed 29 June 2013

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.
Sufferers Of:
Backache, Pinched Nerve/ Muscle, Hip Dislocation,
Weak Chest, Asthma and Stress.

I have just turned 72 in May and I stay on my own. I have been suffering from all of the above-mentioned and hip and knee pain on the left leg for over five years.
I’ve been to chiropractors, physiotherapists, etc and I could not get any relief.
In December 2012 things were getting worse, the pain became unbearable, and I could not walk or get out of bed.
One of my daughters visited me and I asked her to assist me and try to get me to a chiropractor. She arranged with one, and after two treatments I could walk little, but a short distance.
I decided to go for a short rest at a spa. I contacted a few Health Spas in Britz and the North West regions- none of them got back to me.
I finally thought of the Hoogland Health Hydro on a board on the R511.
I then checked on Google and found the website offering a New Year’s 5 day special.
I immediately emailed them to enquire for reservations and accommodation, and within 24 hours received a response.
After careful consideration, I was supported to try Hoogland Health Hydro out.
Within a few days I booked.
On confirmation of the booking I was offered a shuttle service without any additional charges.. Hoogland Health Hydro is 11 kilometers away from my house.
DAY ONE OF ARRIVAL:
Arriving at the centre, the shuttle parking area was plus minus thirty meters away from the entrance. I was able to walk slowly to the reception, and was welcomed by the reception staff. Everything was ready for me and I was led to my room within short reach from reception.
Thereafter I was taken around the centre and shown all the facilities available to use without any extra charges.
Dry Sauna, Wet Sauna, Bubble Bath, Jacuzzi, Turkish Bath, Sit Bath, Steam Bath, Fully Equipped Gym, Heated Pool and many more facilities.
By the evening a physiotherapist called me in and examined me and told me of his findings, and made an appointment for me the next morning for the treatment.
DAY TWO:
The next morning I had to see the sister first for a blood pressure check and weight.
I went for breakfast, my first appointment for physiotherapy treatment was seeing the therapist- Mr. Jurgens.
Thereafter I had to see the doctor, Dr. Andre Kruger for a general medical examination; my medical report file assisted the therapist and doctor to make an easy assessment and where to concentrate.
I could only make use of the heated pool and steam bath, due to my difficulty in walking and pain.
DAY THREE:
A normal morning routine to see the sister, breakfast and rest to go for a steam bath and spent an hour or more in the heated pool.
By the evening I could feel some differences in my hip, leg and back and managed to walk much easier and longer distances with less pain and could move my leg much easier too. I even tried the tread mill for the first time managing 5 minutes.
DAY FOUR:
A normal morning routine, breakfast and rest and went on treadmill ,then went for a steam bath and spent some time in the heated pool until lunch.
By the evening the movement of my left leg from the hip was much more flexible.
My walking was much painless, but I had to take it very easy and slow.
DAY FIVE:
A normal morning routine, I had an appointment for second physiotherapy treatment.
This was my last day, I spent few minutes on the treadmill, I had a steam bath and spent most of the time in the heated pool.
At lunchtime I got ready to get back home. I had a bit of difficulty in getting to the car because of the distance.
Three weeks thereafter I started doing most of my handy work my self.
IN SUMMING UP.
During my stay I had the opportunity to talk to the Kingpin of the Centre Dr. Andre Kruger. We spoke on various issues, subjects and topics.
On summing up:
Dr. Andre Kruger, a man I would not term him as a clever man*, but a very highly learned, in a broad spectrum- a man with great respect and integrity, wisdom and spiritually inclined, no self-esteem, busy like a clock 24 hours on the go, like the second hand of a clock all the time- on the move never stops or move backwards, and the well trained, respected and loyal staff are more of a family interest and concern.
That is why this Centre is very well equipped and catered and taken care of.
This is an ideal place for one’s peace of mind, soul, and spirit healing.
I want to thank everyone for their friendliness and assistance during my stay, may God bless you All. Amen.
By The Fool On The Simple Path.
Mahomed Hassen
Tel: 012-374-1237.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.
Sufferers Of:
Backache, Pinched Nerve/ Muscle, Hip Dislocation,
Weak Chest, Asthma and Stress.

I finally thought of the Hoogland Health Hydro on a board on the R511.
After careful consideration, I was supported to try Hoogland Health Hydro out.
Within a few days I booked.
DAY ONE OF ARRIVAL:
DAY TWO:
DAY THREE:
DAY FOUR:
By the evening the movement of my left leg from the hip was much more flexible.
My walking was much painless, but I had to take it very easy and slow.
DAY FIVE:
Three weeks thereafter I started doing most of my handy work my self.
IN SUMMING UP.
On summing up:
That is why this Centre is very well equipped and catered and taken care of.
This is an ideal place for one’s peace of mind, soul, and spirit healing.
By The Fool On The Simple Path.
Mahomed Hassen
Tel: 012-374-1237.

Specialized Rehabilitation:
Free Counselling: Spiritual, Mental,& Psychological Depression & Dream Interpretation & Analyzing.

Foot Note.* A clever person is full of tricks, with highly embellished words. You got to be Ruled to be a Ruler.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank MahomedH
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I have been visiting Hoogland once or twice a year over the past 18 years, either with my daughter or with a friend. It is a wonderful, peaceful and tranquil place where you indulge yourself in pampering
massages and facials as well as cleansing your body with steam, jet pools, Jacuzzi and water. One can partake in excellent hikes where eland, wildebeest, red hartebeest and zebra can be observed. There are daily refreshing aqua aerobics and necessary stretch or yoga classes. The food is healthy but filling and interesting, not just a lettuce leaf by any means! The talks are informative and the new cooking demonstration with dynamic Abram a win. Treat yourself or Treat someone you love!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Karin B
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My daughter and I are smitten! I have been to Hoogland before - far too long ago and had forgotten the warmth, relaxation and beauty that surrounds you the moment you arrive. Sometimes people tend to believe that this is a place for women only - you are wrong! It is a place for EVERYONE. Five days at the Hydro leaves you feeling as though you have been on a two week vacation. You chose what you want to do, when you want to do it, what you want to eat and when you want to eat it. The facilities are great, the surroundings exquisite and the break amazing - try it you won't be disappointed. Marion and Donna, Gaborone, Botswana

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank SIMONGABS
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I took 14 of my best staff members to Hoogland as a reward for all their commitment and dedication to the company. My team screamed with excitement when we arrived. The venue is absolutely amazing and my team members all enjoyed their stay immensely.
We felt like part of the family and I will definately recommend Hoogland to anyone who want to get pampered and enjoy nature.
Well done team.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank Pierre420
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Just the tonic one needs to escape the stress and craziness of the city and because of its close proximity to both Joburg and Pretoria it is all so easy. The setting is magical and the staff are friendly and accommodating without being overbearing. It is a great place to just chill and very down to earth....the walks in the mountains and the views are spectacular! The general game is a real bonus too.

There is plenty on offer with regard the spa treatments, hydro centre, exercise options, informative talks and more, but if you choose to do absolutely nothing except soak up the tranquil surroundings and let go....its equally as good.

The fact that it is a family run business adds to the experience and the genuine charm and the sincerity of their service and care. Thanks for an awesome stay ....I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
9  Thank Jean-Paul G
Reviewed 23 March 2013

There is a lot to be said about family run businesses, in this instance it is the perfect solution, from Annette's wonderful assistance with the reservation to Greg collecting me at the Gautrain, and Monica introduction and constant smiling face at all times of the day, to Dr Andrea attention to hospitality and the watchful medical eye, who explained in no uncertain detain why my watch should be removed and preferably not used again, to the wonderfully logical non prescribed eating times, let your body choose the time.
The estate with its three labyrinths a litt,le game, great staff and with a wonderful array of “water time” from a number of Jacuzzis to pools and my favourite "James Bond box steamers"
The talks and treatments were of an incredibly high standard and I will most defiantly travel from Cape Town many more times, the Kruger family have got it 100%.
Maxleigh Derman

Room Tip: Room 96 - 3G reception was slow but there