“Disappointing”

Piza e Vino
Ranked #503 of 733 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Last two meals here haven't been great. First was in mid December and service and food were below par - maybe had something to do with them shutting down for holidays the next day. Then again in Feb had a ladies dinner and three of our meals were ice cd and had to be sent back. When warmed up again in the pizza oven they manages to incinerate my food so was not edible. Told the waiter and he still charged me for a meal I couldn't eat! Crazy!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This restaurant is so far removed from authentic Italian...it is actually scary.
How they get way with claiming this is Italian food is criminal.
Totally overpriced with disgusting service.
Will never see this Italian again that's for sure.

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I'm Italian and in just couldn't not write a nice review for this place! The pizza was really really good and I enjoyed the fact I could choose 2different flavors. The carpaccio and strawberries seemed just too much,but I trusted my friends' suggestion and went for it...no regrets! It was simply perfect!! Davvero buona,non me lo sarei aspettata, ha decisamente superato le mie aspettative. Consigliato.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

salty over priced burnt pizza. based on our experience we will not frequent this establishment again and will not recommend it to others

Reviewed 20 August 2013

It s an amazing modern setting with very slow and unprofessional service. A complicated place to review. The food is not special, have we tried it many times because of the convenience of the place. The pizzas are thin base, baked in a wood pizza oven. Nothing special, average taste. there is one pizza though, that makes a difference: the crazy nuts... not because of the nuts ( I would serve it without pine nuts.. but then would spoil the name).. but because of the orange zests combined with the almonds and gorgonzola. It s really good pizza. By the way, apart from the pizzas, don't order anything else, no pasta, no meat and above all, no fish.