“Excellent food..Poor service”

Koi
Ranked #45 of 761 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Koi Restaurants, the leader in contempory Asian Cuisine. At Koi we strive to bring you the latest in Asian trends mixed with our own touch of Western style in a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We've been to Koi a few times, we recently went to Celebrate my daughters 18th Birthday, the food was excellent as usual, Sadly the service was very poor, our waitress was slow, we could'nt understand her/ & vica versa.. & our food arrived at different times.. Fortunately as I said, good food, so we managed to have a good night.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I love Koi. For a very long time after I moved to Pretoria I'd take the train to go have a meal at Koi. When I discovered that there's one in Lynwood I was excited.
My excitement was short-lived because:
*The waiting staff is lazy (no better word to describe it). How do you have to look for a waiter at an establishment like this?
*The waiting staff isn't well trained.
* the food is below Koi standard. My Tuna steak tasted good but didn't look appetising to me. Firstly just because something is seared it doesn't mean it must be grey. It must still look caramelised. Basic Food 101.

I will go back as this will save me a trip to Rosebank and not because it's amazing.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

What a delightful eating experience! The food was excellent with oustanding service! For the wine connoisseur there is a superb wine list! We will definitely go back to Koi!

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Probably the best asian restaurant in Pta! We have visited Koi a few times and they never disappoint. The ginger soy dipping sause is out of this world!!!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Last week we decided to treat our Swiss colleague to dinner at a good restaurant in a lovely setting, we chose Koi at Lynnbridge in Pretoria. It was really good, The atmosphere was super the servings well presented and not too big, the staff were great, always there but not in your face. I would certainly recommend it.
466 Copper