“Stylish restaurant, good seafood”
Review of Koi

Koi
Ranked #72 of 703 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Koi Restaurants, the leader in contempory Asian Cuisine. At Koi we strive to bring you the latest in Asian trends mixed with our own touch of Western style in a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
UK
“Stylish restaurant, good seafood”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A bit pricier than the average Pretoria restaurant but worth it. The dim sum platters are great for sharing and the sushi is very good - according to my sushi eating friend! Really enjoyed the seared tuna. Good wine list and proper beer. A winner.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Durban, South Africa
“Yummy seared tuna”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stopped here for lunch with the in-laws and had a really fantastic lunch. Service was a little slow (especially considering the amount of staff running around and how empty the restaurant actually was). But the space is beautiful. The food was excellent. I had the Seared Tuna Salad - and it was an awesome awesome dish. Loved it. My partner had the dim sum and loved it. In-laws had dim sum and a duck salad - which they seemed to enjoy... but that tuna was really good!

• Visited June 2014
Pretoria, South Africa
“Excellent food..Poor service”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We've been to Koi a few times, we recently went to Celebrate my daughters 18th Birthday, the food was excellent as usual, Sadly the service was very poor, our waitress was slow, we could'nt understand her/ & vica versa.. & our food arrived at different times.. Fortunately as I said, good food, so we managed to have a good night.

• Visited May 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Quite disappointing”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I love Koi. For a very long time after I moved to Pretoria I'd take the train to go have a meal at Koi. When I discovered that there's one in Lynwood I was excited.
My excitement was short-lived because:
*The waiting staff is lazy (no better word to describe it). How do you have to look for a waiter at an establishment like this?
*The waiting staff isn't well trained.
* the food is below Koi standard. My Tuna steak tasted good but didn't look appetising to me. Firstly just because something is seared it doesn't mean it must be grey. It must still look caramelised. Basic Food 101.

I will go back as this will save me a trip to Rosebank and not because it's amazing.

• Visited May 2014
Stellenbosch
“Excellent Asian Cuisine”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

What a delightful eating experience! The food was excellent with oustanding service! For the wine connoisseur there is a superb wine list! We will definitely go back to Koi!

Visited May 2014