“Great service, lovely staff”

Protea Hotel Pretoria Manor
Ranked #30 of 74 Hotels in Pretoria
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was lovely. I have to say I was a little apprehensive after reading some reviews particularly about the service, bit that for us was one of the beat things about this hotel. They were friendly and helpful and generally just lovely (Martha deserves a mention as she was so so lovely). The staff are defiantly a credit to the hotel in our opinion. The rooms were great, air con, decent size tv etc. The only downside to this hotel is the area, as it gets quite noisy at night, though this is something the hotel cannot help. Though the staff were so helpful and nice with helping us to move to a room away from the street. This was no problem at all and the noise actually wasn't that bad. One thing I would suggest is putting some sort of buffers on the doors so that they don't slam so hard! But overall we were very pleased with our stay and would recommend :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank njcf
Respondant, General Manager at Protea Hotel Pretoria Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Njcf

Thank you for taking the time to complete a GUEST Feedback card and to write down your additional positive feedback after your recent stay with us at Protea Hotel ………………...

I am delighted to hear that the STAFF were so friendly and efficient. Your commendations of Martha in particular are highly valued, and I wish to assure you that we have congratulated him/her/them for doing such an outstanding job!

GUEST feedback is imperative for us to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding our GUESTS’ expectations. Your comments are therefore much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to Protea Hotel Manor again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Perfect place to stay in the middle and safe side of Pretoria,accompanied by astonishing hospitality,Delicious breakfast,comfortable rooms, no noise you could have quality sleep...... The bar is very nice and you can choose room for a nice city view but most of the rooms gives you a nice view.

In general I highly recommended this hotel to any one because I am having a wonderful week in this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Respondant, General Manager at Protea Hotel Pretoria Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Johannes

Thank you for taking the time to complete Feedback on Tripadvisor and to write down your additional positive feedback after your recent stay with us at Protea Hotel Manor.

I am delighted to hear that you are enjoying your stay wit us.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and I decided to visit our niece who is a first year student at Pretoria University and we decided to talk at the restaurant at Protea Hotel Manor. There was a buffet at that time and we had all eaten before we met so we had in mind a cup of coffee. The Manager empathised with our plight and agreed to serve us coffees and pastries. I know that when there is a buffet the restaurant rarely serves customers who just request coffee and pastries. I was really impressed with this high degree of hospitality and I believe that I should share this as a reflection of the levels of hospitality

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Easygoing282
Respondant, General Manager at Protea Hotel Pretoria Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback after your recent stay with us at Protea Hotel Manor.

I am delighted to hear that the STAFF were so efficient and flexible.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We had much the same experience as one of the previous reviews: terrible noise levels and a window that didn't close properly. We offered to pay extra to be moved to another room, was promised we will be contacted and never got an answer. Ordering lunch or room service was just painful. Another example: I ask the receptionist to call me a taxi, she asks if I'm driving. It took 10 minutes for her to understand that I needed a taxi ordered and that I'm not driving...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Respondant, General Manager at Protea Hotel Pretoria Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Nina

Thank you for comments pertaining to your recent visit at Protea Hotel Manor. I appreciate your bringing the unfortunate and regrettable incident you encountered to my attention. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the discomfort and inconvenience that was caused to you.
I confirm that this matter has been investigated and that our TEAM has taken the appropriate action to rectify the shortcomings in our service and facilities. Thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive criticism, as it is absolutely necessary for us to know how our GUESTS experience our service. Your comments have reached the attention of all involved and have assisted us in creating a commitment to ensure that situations such as these do not arise in the future.
As a gesture of my concern and in order to show you our true service excellence, please be my GUEST and enjoy a complimentary breakfast at Protea Hotel Manor , subject to availability.

Best regards
(012) 362 7077

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Don't really know where to begin...
- pathetic service: under-trained staff with little knowledge of the hospitality industry;
- our room: the hotel is situated next to a very busy road in Pretoria. The windows are not sealed at all. One can hear the street noise through the night;
- asked for a pot of coffee for two people: took over 15 minutes for reception to decide if they 'do' pots of coffee... Got two overpriced cups instead...;
I guess the picture is clear.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Luis

I refer to the GUEST comment card that you recently completed during your visit. Firstly, please allow me to offer you my most sincere apologies for the fact that the Protea Hotel Manor did not meet your expectations.

You are an extremely important client to Protea Hotels and I assure you that your experience in no way represents the standard we're trying to achieve. We are as committed as ever to providing each GUEST with a most memorable and magnificent Protea Hotels service experience. Based on this, I sincerely hope you will accept my invitation to join us again for breakfast. This will be completely my treat and only for one purpose: to prove to you that we are in fact a hotel worthy of visiting and worthy of recommending.

Please be so kind as to let me know which day will suit you for breakfast as I would love to handle the arrangements personally for you. Should you wish to discuss your service experience with me in more detail, please let me know when would be a convenient time for me to contact you.

Best regards,

(012) 362 7077

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Protea hotel Manors is a quaint little hotel that has recently been upgraded. It has beautiful modern decor and themed in the iconic Jacaranda colours. The staff where helpful except you might struggle with access to your room since the key cards system does not work well after it was maintained. You will find the bedding crisp clean and refreshing. Stay away if you need peace and quiet since the noise of the busy taxi hooters tend to drift into your room especially if you leave your windows open a crack.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Respondant, General Manager at Protea Hotel Pretoria Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Angus

Thank you for completing a GUEST Feedback card during your stay with us. We rely on GUEST feedback to determine both the positive and negative aspects of our hotel and to improve wherever possible.
Your interest and concern are therefore extremely valuable to us, and we hope that you will be staying with us again soon. We should welcome another opportunity to show you Protea Hospitality at its best!

We do have double glazing on all our standard and deluxe room bedroom windows in order to try and minimise the noise, however being a city hotel there are taxi's that hoot and make a noise, so should you leave the window in some of the rooms closest to the road open you will hear the hustle of the busy road during the day.
Thank you for the feedback on the door mechanisms, we are currently looking into your complaint.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was utterly im,pressed by the quality of the service and the facilities at the hotel. The General Manager, Victoria Mchlachlan, is the epitome of professionalism and efficiency. I look forward to my next visit - it can't come soon enough. Altogether outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Christine

Thank you for taking the time to complete a GUEST Feedback card and to write down your additional positive feedback after your recent stay with us at Protea Hotel Manor.

I am delighted to hear that the STAFF were so friendly and efficient.