“good”

Protea Hotel Pretoria Capital
Ranked #32 of 74 Hotels in Pretoria
Reviewed 2 February 2013

thank you for your help,it s a wonderful time
loved time after busy day with very near shops restaurant distance

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
RavCha, General Manager at Protea Hotel Pretoria Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Dear BAHRI s

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Protea Hotel Capital, I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

We have looked into your comments and corrective measures have been taken.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Kind Regards,

Protea Hotel Capital

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Stayed only one night and had a compact room with clean facilities. I could not hear the traffic at all. Very near shops and restaurants as well as a reasonable distance from the train. Staff were very helpful although it took a bit of time to get my wireless connection configured.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
RavCha, General Manager at Protea Hotel Pretoria Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Dear Kufunda

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Protea Hotel Capital.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Loved our one night stay! After a very busy day of sightseeing, all we wanted to do was go to the Hotel and relax, and that's exactly what we got! We had a lovely little room on the 2nd floor! We ordered room service and although there wasn't much variety, I loved my toasted sandwich. Would definitely go back, as it was a lovely hotel with cheap rooms!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
RavCha, General Manager at Protea Hotel Pretoria Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Dear Michelle L

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Protea Hotel Capital.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Me and my bf had a wonderful time, it was great I was a bit dissipointed on the way the phone was opperrated when I phoned in tofind out about the rates the other day, but when we got there I feld at home, I was surpriced tho, the morning before we checked out, I'm not sure if it was a cleaner or a guy from the other room,he opend one of the doors that was linked to our room not knowing if there were people or not it was still early round about 8:00! I think action needs to be taken there make sure those doors are locked at all tyms... Not everyone checks out at 10. Other then that we had more then fun ill def go back!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank kalane
Respondant, Director of Sales at Protea Hotel Pretoria Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback on the Protea Hotel Capital, we are happy you enjoyed your stay.
We did look into your comments and took corrective measures.
We hope to have you back in the near future!

Kind Regards
Victoria McLachlan
Sales and Marketing Director of Boulevard Hotels.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

A hotel that take care of you like your own mother! They know what this business is all about ! Will tell our friends !

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Maniephw
Reviewed 7 January 2012

we stayed here after our previous hotel was a let down, and choose here for the pool and good rates (R450) its clean and modern but the rooms need maintenance. ground floor rooms are the only non smoking which is disappointing considering your in the middle of the city and i didn't feel comfortable staying on the ground floor. We had a smoking double on the 2nd floor, it was small with many maintenance issues, the safe didn't work, the window we had to force shut and the air conditioning unit clicked and banged so much we turned it off. we moved to another room the following afternoon which was interconnecting, a surprise as we hadn't been told it would be and for some i would imagine that wouldn't be appreciated. Bar staff were friendly although drinks over priced R23 for Hunters Gold, R16 for 330ml coke can,breakfast we didnt have as also believed it was over priced at R130+. Reception staff were the least friendly.
Pool area is clean and nice but not used by many. The hotels in a busy area with a short drive to main shopping centre Menlyn.

Room Tip: ask for a room over looking the pool to avoid road/barbed wire views !
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lauren_270789
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Got this on a Prokard voucher, so I only paid R147.60 for a room worth around R850.00 . I booked the cheapest room and as a Prokard member I requested a free upgrade and I actually got it! It was a beautiful room (deluxe, when I'd booked for a twin) with two big mirrors and a bath. The retrofit shower, however, was a disaster, spilling water all over the bathroom floor! They committed to fix that.

I'm not impressed with Protea hotels' standard pricing, but what you definitely get for the price is consitency; Protea is the only hotel chain that has always met a certain set standard, no matter which of their hotels you use.

Incidentally, across the road you get Moning Star Express hotel, which is quite OK itself if you want to pay less than the usual standard Protea rates.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo