“Time and time again a good experience”
Review of Brasserie de Paris

Brasserie de Paris
Ranked #16 of 749 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visit Brasserie regularly . We enjoy the small menu, the small portions, beautiful presentation and attention to detail and above all the flavor of the food. Not for those who are very hungry and want large portions, stodgy traditional food. Quiet ambiance, very cosy and intimate and always pristine. We are always happy to return

5  Thank Lisatonini

Reviewed 20 May 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us and so we were quite excited. The ambiance and service were fine but the food a huge let down. We chose to have the 5 course degustation menu with wine. The first course of the soup was faultless but after that every thing went down hill. The chef is trying to be clever but has no understanding of balancing flavours. In particular - a very very sweet caramelised onion and goats cheese tart was garnished with even sweeter walnuts - inedible! The dessert was the worst I have had in a very long time. Apple tart they said - is it the proper French Tart Tartin I asked - "Yes Sir". What came was a small disk of soggy pastry with unpealed and raw slices of granny smith apples and some ices cream!!!! Terrible!!! Please save your money and go to La Madaeleine. You will have a far better experience.

3  Thank justjan700
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Gourmet french restaurant in an upmarket suburb. Try the set menu food and wine pairing. The chef/sommelier really gets it right

3  Thank Maeson M
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

I am very pleased with my first dining experience here. Well executed plating. Food was cooked to perfection. Service is great.

4  Thank yokoramos
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

We visited the restaurant as guests and in a group of 6.

I have read the previous reviews rating the restaurant as excellent, but after our dinner last night I am surprised with how different I experienced the restaurant.

Everybody had different dishes and all were disappointing in comparison to the elaborate description on the menu. The food was pretty average and very expensive. We did not enjoy the "small" starters and the main course was nothing to write home about.

The service was poor to say the least, for example the waiter never offered to fill the glasses, unless we asked him to do so. He could not explain the dishes on the menu despite it being a rather small menu.

I felt sorry for our hosts who were clearly embarassed.
I will definitly not recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank JacoCl