“Smug experience”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My wife and I had a tad bit of a disappointing experience. Following the hype, we made a reservation with high hopes. The night turned out to be quite disappointing, considering the price one has to pay. First things first, there are no parking and we had to park outside in the street. Inside, we were allocated a table next to a balcony. A cold wind was blowing and they were unable to close the door because on the outside there was 1 table. The wine list is well worth the effort with some decent wines which are surprisingly decently priced. The food is tasty, but the portion sizes are too small for the price being paid. The service was also not that great with an air of complacent haughtiness all around. We will not attend this establishment again, for the same price and even less, we can attend for example La Madeleine restaurant.

2  Thank f_labuschagne

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We entertained 5 guests to dinner at Brasserie de Paris this passed weekend .All the guests decided to have the Degustation menu. The food was superbly paired with the wines and beautifully presented . Table décor was stylishly simple and we enjoyed the privacy of the private dining room looking out onto the lush garden However, management should train the staff waiting on table, to serve the meal to the guest's left ,remove plates from the guests right and not to remove the plates until the last guest has finished.

2  Thank lynn r
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

I first visited when I had a Stylish Bachelor's Party here in '09. Subsequent I have been able to source quality items from them.

But after all these years I finally got to treat my wife for her birthday with their Degustation menu.

Everything was top notch! From the booking, special requests and the food... Stunning!!!!

As a Chef myself I must sing praises to the ENTIRE team! We'll done!

I'll be back soon... Very hungry for what's on offer.
PS. You guys made my wife's night with the personalized friandise birthday plate...

Lots of love!

1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We went for our Anniversary to Brasserie. It was our first visit since their move to Waterkloof.
The special atmosphere was gone as were any sight (or sound) of Management. On arrival at a restaurant of this calibre, reputation and price one expects to be greeted by a Manager or the like. No such luck here. A clutch of waiters assisted - not badly!
There is simply no atmosphere in this concrete palace. No warmth.
The food was totally acceptable! Presentation was also good.
The surprise truffles at the end really made a good impression for the anniversary - thanks.
No sight of any management all the way through the meal - so nobody will ever know if we were happy with our visit.
On leaving - NOBODY to greet - not even the clutch of waiters - sad but true.

2  Thank MadforitalyPretoria
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

What an amazing evening! My girlfriend and I had our 1 year anniversary there, we had the 5 course degustation menu with the wine paring the wine was paired perfectly. The food was greate and the service and atmosphere was so romantic. I would advise any one to come here for an amazing romantic evening

2  Thank L4321