“Disgusting service!!!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Pretoria, South Africa
“Disgusting service!!!”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We went out for a family lunch today and had a very poor experience at Nuvo Cuisine, and I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
Our drinks order was taken 30 minutes late, 40 mintes later our starters arrived and an 1 HOUR and a half later our main meals arrived which was tasteless, we didn't even order desserts... we wanted to speak to the manager about the situation but he refused to see us as he was busy in the kitchen?... isn't the manager suppose to be on the floor and not in the kitchen the whole time?
I was greatly disappointed at the bad service at this establishment. It was certainly a horrible first experience.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Melane111

Pretoria, South Africa
“Worst Mothers Day experience ever!”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I decided to take my mother somewhere special for mothers day and after reading some good reviews on the net I chose Nuvo Cuisine in Pretoria. I soon came to realise that this was not a good choice and actually made me think the reviews I read might have been fake. They had a set menu for the day at R290 which is fairly pricey for what the had on offer. We waited 30min for someone to take our drinks order then 40min for our starters and over 2 hours for our mains. While waiting 2 and a half hours for our mains I saw 2 tables walking out with out eating and one table actually ordered takeaway pizza next door. I asked to see the manager 4 times but he still didn't come to our table. We had 2 guest at our table who could not conceive any alcohol due to the medication they were taking but the waiter assured them twice that there was not alcohol in the food choices they made but the Beef Wellington they order came a red wine sauce. At this stage the day was already ruined but could have been much worse if they ate it. I then decided to go to the manager and all he had to say was take one meal off the bill, no apology, nothing! I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone! The highlight of my day was the sandwich I bought on my way home.

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank Zayn84
Johannesburg, South Africa
“A special treat”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

If you appreciate a perfect meal and good quality food this is the place . Enjoy the quite ambiance fantastic food carefully prepared with a lot of love added to it . Corne will make you feel at home and provide you with a personal touch in preparing the food as well as live piano
show . Suggest this Restaurant to anybody that appreciate touch of class.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ChrisB16
Pietermaritzburg South Africa
“La belle cuisine at Nuvo”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Many a fabulous evening has been spent sipping wine and enjoying the noble ambience of this quaint yet fabulous fine dining restaurant. A warm welcome greets you at the door and when seated and the wine begins to flow, complementing the sound of the grande piano, one can hardly believe that you have been transported out of the Spar parking lot into a charming olde worlde experience divine! I am particularly fond of the light menu and can recommend the Chicken and Beef Pot pies and the Fish and Chips is so beautifully presented, it is almost a shame to disturb the platter! For the exotic types there is a whole exquisite menu to work through and no request is ever too much for management, who are ever obliging. Everything seems to be a pleasure to the ownership of this delightful restaurant in Old Farm Road, Faerie Glen - Fuzzy warm feelings inside are rare! Grab this one!

• Visited March 2013
Pretoria
“NICHE LITTLE NOOK IN PRETORIA EAST”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Nuvo Cuisine the name says it all, good food, great staff, wonderfull music (live Piano) good wine list a connoisseurs choice!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2013