“Mis management”

Ranked #95 of 362 Pretoria B&B and Inns
Centurion, South Africa
“Mis management”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Horribly miss managed: 1. Couldn't serve us alcohol, problem with the licence, cocktail bar not operational( after specifically arranging with hotel staff for cocktails at the pool for my girlfriend and I), 2. Ordered Lunch, after two and a half hours I had to phone to find out where the lunch was and waited another half hour after that, only to find that they screwed up the order. 3. Any drinks ordered, takes between 30-45min to arrive. 4. We had to cancel our dinner reservation at the hotel because of the lunch experience and had to leave the hotel to have dinner at a restaurant, a rain storm picked up and my girlfriend and I were drenched in rain coming back from the restaurant( not very romantic, is it?). 5. We only ever saw the reception staff on site, any manager was never available to speak to. 6. At about 8pm the power failed, only at the hotel, the properties all around us had electricity. This means our aircon stopped working, it felt like trying to sleep in a sauna, couldn't sleep at all, and couldn't watch TV either, so for a relaxing spa weekend at a hotel, we didn't sleep at all, so relaxed is certainly not what we felt upon our departure. When I asked how a hotel charging these prices does not have generators, I was told they do have, but its not working and they don't have technical staff to work on it, nor can they reach any manager. So much for our romantic weekend!!! At least they owned up to their mistakes and refunded my accommodation, which we appreciated, but feel that we shouldn't have been billed for our entire stay. The health spa, rooms, general offering is fantastic, but the service is terrible, especially considering the price you pay for accommodation. Myself and my "wife to be" seriously considered having our wedding there, but after our experience two weeks ago, we are not convinced. Unless they up their game to a large extent, I will not be returning anytime soon. Jaco de Wet

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Jaco D
MichaelPta, Manager at Blue Diamond Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Jaco D

Thank you for posting a review on our property on TripAdvisor. We value guest feedback, as it is the only true way to measure our performance and stay in touch with service levels.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the fact that your stay at our hotel did not meet with your expectations. Here at the Blue Diamond Boutique Hotel we strive to live up to our reputation as a Superior Venue as graded by the AA Quality Assurance.

On this occasion we disappointed ourselves and more importantly you our valued guest.

Your comments have been noted and steps have been taken and instituted to ensure they are not repeated.

I trust that you might be able to stay with us again in the not too distant future, at which point we might redeem ourselves.

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Emalahleni
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We spent old year's eve at the hotel before and after a show, the service was excellent, we had coffee in the dining room, nothing was too much effort. My room key didn't want to work, within minutes the problem was sorted out. I would recommend this hotel to everyone

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Elsie G

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and all that Blue Diamond has to offer.

I hope you will be staying with us in the near future on the next occasion you stay in Pretoria.

Cape Town
Reviewed 6 January 2014

What a disappointment! You need a degree in engineering to operate the light switches! The room needs basics like a writing pad,pen,tissues and a bin in the bathroom.The staff ignores "Do not disturb" signs and checkout took 40 minutes with only us at reception. Two weeks later we have not received an itemised bill! Breakfast of poor quality and variety.Stale cheese and fruit replaced on third day. Breakfast orders wrong on two occasions as well as room service.Never saw the manager. Poorly maintained garden. Will never return!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Besame

It is with sadness that on this occasion we clearly did not meet with you our valued guest’s expectations.

The issues raised have been noted and remedial steps have been taken to ensure they are not repeated.

Once again please accept my sincerest apologies for the lapse in service you experienced during the course of your stay at the Blue Diamond Boutique Hotel

Mokopane
Reviewed 15 December 2013

It was cute and the staff were so friendly and helpful. I would just like to suggest that you guys have faceclothes. My boyfriend and I didnt bring any because we assumed we that the hote, just like all the others, would provide face clothes. And There was no sweeteners for us non-sugar people. But otherwise, it is a beautiful place

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Mologadi M
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Usa
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Great facility! Small hotel with a very cozy atmosphere. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Good location with easy access to the city. The restaurant is open at dinner every day, so plan ahead for that. Otherwise, I can't say enough good about this place!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Ryan M
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed there the 18th and the 19th of November for business purposes, The hotel is absolutely stunning, but the service not very good. The receptionist could not find proof of payment, the coffee machine so fancy no one knows how to work it and no service in the breakfast area. Breakfast was 20 minutes late and suppose to be at 7h00 so that made me leave without breakfast. Tables were not layed in the morning and some tables not even cleared up from the night before, but the rooms are to die for! It is really really stunning, felt like a 5-star hotel in the rooms.

Room Tip: Very central of you want to visit business in Pretoria
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Locarno, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Breakfasts: No fresh fruit, no croissant, only one type of jam, and service very slow.
Reception: No map of the city, no tourist brochures, no one that could say any advice about the city.
Room: Mini-bar with only water inside. Nothing else!! And the switch light very complicated.

The worst 5 star hotel i've ever seen in my life!
I saw a lot of 3 star hotel real better than that one!!
Horrible experience!

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple