“Rude Owner”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I'm tired of Restaurants been rude to moms. This one puts the cherry on the top, I've been there on 3 occasions (forced to) and it didn't get any better. The owner is rude and I think she doesn't like having kids at her restaurant. She insulted me and my child twice already. The food is over priced and taste spicy. I will not recommend this place to anyone, I dont understand how she even runs it. She needs to learn whats customer experience is and stop thinking she has a place of gold.

5  Thank youbabyandi
There are newer reviews for Namaskar

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is an Indian restaurant that firstly serves average food but this not the real issue. The real issue is the owner/manager of this restaurant who is this lady (Indian, short black hair) who has the most horrendous attitude when servicing their customers. She's is not winning any personality contests or even miss congeniality contests. Even Sandra Bullock wins this one hands down. I kid you not, I was in this restaurant a few times (NOT of my choosing, believe me) where this happened:

1. I tried to take chicken curry from the buffet and she would be run behind me and ask what I'm doing? I was inclined to reply that I was searching for Waldo, but alas she would interject and say "Don't stir the curry". She forced me to pick out individual pieces of chicken from the curry and put it in the plate as not to mess the artwork of coriander drifting on the top. I wasn't aware one couldn't stir curry. I wondered how anyone could eat this curry? I felt like the chicken in the pot. I was cooked beyond recognition.

2. My wife was trying to breastfeed in another room that led to art gallery. Granted kids were not allowed in but my wife had a sleeping baby in her arms. The manager forced herself in, told her that the baby mustn't touch the artwork. Well... maybe she saw it another movie where a sleeping baby miraculously started touching the artwork with her mind? None the less, she was so rude. Didn't even say please.

3. Another time, my wife was with our baby and another child in another area of the restaurant, and behold! There comes the manager... who asked that the kids don't touch the glasses as they had just been washed (note: the kids are small and cannot reach the glasses on the dining table). You can't make this stuff up folks!

This owner needs a life, she's rude and doesn't deserve to own a restaurant. She needs a life lesson in etiquette. I feel sorry for the man who married her. I hope he at least got to stir the chicken curry.

7  Thank TheSixPackDad
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Wonderful range of curries. My Lamb Korma was really tasty not too spicy. My husband enjoys really HOT curry and his Lamb Vindaloo was excellent. They also have an Indo-Chinese menu which is great if you take the kids along. The staff are really friendly, our waitress Manyara was excellent and Joshna the proprietor always has time for a chat which makes you feel very welcome. Will be going back for more!!!

1  Thank Hilary980
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Overpriced , a manager with a bad attitude who tries to sell paintings and extremely spicy and tasteless food

There are far better places in pretoria

2  Thank SA_Traveller12
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Was there with wife for Sunday lunch outing. The menu has huge number of items on offer. One trip would not be enough. Will visit again all the way from Jouberg. R.B.

1  Thank Ramanlal B