“Very nice place”

Ranked #8 of 116 things to do in Pretoria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very nice place”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Went there with a friend. We only stayed for one day but there are very nice facitities to spend the night. The place is run by a very friendly familiy. The horseback safari is done in their private reserve. I had little horseback riding experience but that was no problem. I got a easy going horse and some training along the way. Meals are included and later during the day we got some explanation about the lion breeding that they do as well. All in all a very nice day and a place I will definitely visit again.

2 Thank Leonlbe

• Greek first
Macau, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“must visit for Pretoria”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was our first stop after we landed South Africa, we only spent an afternoon therefore we couldnt do the horse riding which is a morning session. We started with a lovely lunch, every staff and specially the owners were very nice and we felt very welcomed. After the lunch, we had a brief session about the lions in south africa, as we were off walking them! this was a remarkable experience!! there were also other baby lions in the park, 2 weeks and 3 months old. We wish we could spend more time at the horseback... we will definitely revisit again when we come to SA!

去南非兩個禮拜, 這個獅子園是最好玩的一站!!! 可以拉著獅子尾巴帶他們去散步~!! 建議如果想騎馬的要一大早到, 騎馬只有早上有, 獅子散步是下午, 可以在他們那裡訂一晚房間就不用趕~ 食物也不錯吃.

1 Thank yanyan_101
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Fantastic time!!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I spent last Saturday at horseback Africa and can only say its a must visit !!! I was picked up at hatfield station by Theony (owner) and driven out to the reserve. Upon arrival we were offered tea's and coffee and scrumptious warm muffins. After a quick chat about our riding experience with Brandon (owners son) we were given a comical safety chat and introduced to our horses for our safari. The ride was well suited to all riders and each animal we saw fully explained - I even spotted the giraffes high in the hillsides. On returning to the stables we untacked and headed down for a lovely lunch.
After lunch mr Collins gave a talk on their work with lions and how they are helping to preserve the lions in Africa. We then went walking with two 8 month old lionesses before heading back to look at the bigger lions/lionesses - thankfully behind fences but we still got very close. To end the lion experience we head to the dens to feed eight 3-4 wk old cubs - how I never stole one I'll never know!!! We rounded of the day with a look at the Collins three meerkats before mr Collins drove us back to the station.

A truly fantastic experience and one I would highly recommend!!
Thank you the Collins family.

1 Thank Sarahjw80
Cordeiro
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great weekend activity!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is a must do on the Pretoria area. I spent a weekend at the lodge,did the horseback ride and the lion tour. The staff is super nice and we felt very welcome! I definitely recommend.

3 Thank Vitor983
lake worth,fl
“A Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Highlight of our tour. Our group felt that this was a perfect way to end our fabulous trip.
Dr and Mrs Colin were the perfect host. They were very knowledgeable and passionate about their program.
It was an amazing educational experience walking with the lions and seeing them at various stages of their life cycle.
We also had an excellent lunch with ingredients made from local farms.
We could not stop talking about this tour for a long time.
This is a "MUST SEE " to anyone visiting South Africa.

Visited August 2013