“What a joke!”
Review of Illyria House

Illyria House
Ranked #91 of 724 Restaurants in Pretoria
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Wernt to Illyria house for a sunday lunch. The menu has to be one of the most overpriced ones South Africa. At first, I thought that quality would match price, however my Seafood salad at R220 was very, very average. Comparable to Ocean basket or Spur, not that of a 5 star hotel. In addition, the decor of the hotel was very old and in serious need of an upgrade.

3  Thank Henk516

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We went to Illyria House for lunch and was so dissappointed! A traditional beef lasagne was one of the cheaper options at R185 and was not up to scratch. Overall the service was friendly but this did not make up for the below average lunch!

1  Thank Bianca S
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I had a birthday lunch for my birthday at Illyria. We were 10 people, and we were welcomed with incredible professionalism and warmth. The food and service was of the highest standards, we were suitably impressed. As always the incredible beauty of this little gem took my breath away, from the lovely gardens and tastefully decorated spaces to the perfect table settings and beautiful silverware. I just love this venue, and will recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank GermaB
Reviewed 2 February 2013

MANY thanks Marietjie and staff: JAN, PATIENCE, JOHANNES and kitchen chefs and staff,
I manage to make a booking 3 days in advance for my husbands 60th birthday. If you have a special group of 20 people, all you need to do is phone and book! From the chamber musician to the last course on the magnificent verandah, was perfect in every way! And as easy as making one call! Every dish of the 5 course dinner was so tasty! Every one enjoyed it tremendously and are planning to visit Illyria house in the future for one of its many offerings!
THANK YOU MARIETJIE!
25 JANUARY BIRTHDAY GROUP

3  Thank koos r r
Reviewed 24 January 2013

All I have to say is THANK YOU for the most fantastic morning/afternoon us ladies have had in a while. The house transports you back and the service was impecable. The tea/coffee/eats were delicious. The gardens are breathtaking and well maintained. I will definately be recommending this to all my friends and we will definately be back. Again thank you.

3  Thank DebbieNunes