“Intundla - Great Conference Venue”

Intundla Game Lodge & Bush Spa
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Intundla Game Lodge in the Dinokeng area is highly recommended as a conference venue that has good food and accommodation as well.
The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and it was nice to see the owner, who introduced herself in a very friendly manner, is very hands-on in running this establishment.
The conference room was up and ready when we arrived, with staff members (each with an ear-piece) close at hand to answer any queries.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake have superb views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Intundla Game Lodge & Bush Spa

Reviewed 27 April 2014

12 of us (family) stayed in the Bush Spa for 5 days, it was great because we had the entire Bush Spa side to ourselves and although we had a fantastic time there are a few things that are not up to standard or worth the money paid. The wooden blinds in my bedroom were broken, the bath towels were more like hand towels, different bulbs everywhere with no lamp shades, you couldn’t tell the time on the alarm clock in my room, all doors squeaked horribly when opening or closing, the tablecloths in the dining area needed ironing and cleaning on some days, on our last night there were ants all over the table and on our last morning my placemat had mould on it. Most of the food (served buffet style) was tasty but very ‘home-style’ and I even pulled a hair out of my sandwich on the second day. The massage was relaxing but very amateur (the same ladies that work in the kitchen work in the spa). When we asked reception about activates we had blank stares, we were also told there was no WIFI at the bush spa only to find out 3 days later that there was. Checking out was a disaster, we had to let them know what massages we had and what to add onto our bills and had to wait approx 50 minutes to get everything sorted out.

The staff were very friendly and made us feel at home but management needs to sort out the small issues to bring the place up to standard and make it worth the rate they ask for because it is a stunning place with great potential.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Honeykel
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I spent a few days at Intundla for a Conference in January this year.

This is a really scenic venue and relaxing environment. The food was great and the service excellent. I have no complaints. This location is ideal for Teambuilding activities and for just getting away from the city.

I would definately go back. My only regret is that I did not make use of the spa facilities.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for only one night and had a great time. Thanks to the cleaning ladies that found my wedding ring, you saved the day. I also enjoyed the canoe rides. Will definitely bring my family for a full weekend. Can management look into getting bar fridges for the rooms please. ...

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Job C
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Intundla is a fantastic venue for a conference; I have been 3 times on conference and every time I'm there I have a great conference, the staff are excellent and very friendly. The facilities they offer are great, and the food has improved since I was last there a year ago, but the rooms are very dark and basic; they are clean and have everything you need. I would like them to fumigate for bugs and spiders, regularly; found a massive spider in my bathroom, needles to say I was not very happy and did not sleep too well because of it.

Room Tip: The dirt road to the lodge is not great; so drive carefully.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cherie K
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We spent 3 nights at Intundla. Everywhere things were lacking from the vacant stares at reception to the total lack of service and information everywhere. It seems weddings and conferences are way more important than other guests at this lodge. The spa was really not up to standard with my foot treatment performed with budget products from a local pharmacy group. On the first day we had to drive a couple of kilometres to the conference venue for meals and drinks. None were available at the Bush spa as everything was closed. The first two days we had only hand towels for bathing. The staff were still cleaning the dining area for breakfast at 8 in the morning while the guests waited. (Reception said breakfast was from 7). The food was tasty but very "home style" and either no milk or sour milk at the tea/coffee stations. Table cloths were always dirty and I doubt if any were replaced during our stay. We found the mouse on the dining room floor quite entertaining at dinner! At the pool the 3 bar tenders sat around disinterested and the only way to get a drink was to get up and ask personally. No lunch menus in sight! No activities advertised or offered to us at all. As much as I am not a fussy eater, it would be nice if one was offered a choice at breakfast (the Sunday) - I dont eat eggs but the dish had two eggs piled on top, and plenty of onion which my daughter dislikes. There were pleasant scones but overflowing with jam and cream which my daughter, and two adjacent tables had to scrape off!
Plenty of flies and bugs with no insect repellant in sight. All in all a disappointing stay in an area which has fair potential. Not a manager in sight! The staff, when seen, were however quite friendly. The pools are in need of a bit of paint and the pool lounger matresses good do with replacing. It would help if the previous days beer bottles and tins could be removed before the next morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JUSTINE-JESSE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pretoria
Faircity Roodevallei
#1 of 11 in Cullinan
Legodimo Game Lodge
Legodimo Game Lodge
#14 of 111 in Pretoria

Been to Intundla Game Lodge & Bush Spa? Share your experiences!