“Your home away from home”

Bay Tree Guest House
Ranked #25 of 361 Pretoria B&B and Inns
Aalborg
“Your home away from home”
Reviewed 12 March 2011

We spent a wonderful time at this guest house. We had never expected such a personlised welcome and hospitality and we are very happy that we have chosen the Bay Tree Guest house.
Renee, the owner is a wonderful person and she makes her guests feel that she really cares about all of us. She went not only the extra mile but the extra marathon for our group, down to the point of taking one of our participants to the hospital, setting up an appointment with a specialist for another guest, taking us to the ATM, waiting for a missing guest on a saturday night and coming to the restaurant to tell us the missing guest did not show up, confirming flight tickets, adapting the dinners to the home cooking of some members of our group, organising our transfers and taxis, taking care of all our little and big needs and everything with a warm and caring attitude.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 2 April 2010

On arrival we were warmly greeted by Renée Mc Cleary and spoiled with coffee and a slice of home baked 'melktert', a true South African treat. Beds were made up as requested in advance with sheets and a blanket - the bedroom was spacious.

We went out to a family 'DO' in the evening and I had the misfortune to pick up severe food poisoning.

In the morning Renée graciously offered to take my husband to the function, and I remained in bed. On her return she looked in on me, and insisted on taking me to the nearest ER where she made sure I was comfortable and being attended to, before she left to do her chores. In fact I never realized just how ill I had been until the doctor showed me the blood test results a couple of hours later.

When the hospital was ready to discharge me, Renée returned and took me back to her home/guesthouse. Nothing was too much for her, and it was all done with the warmth and kindness of a friend.

Renée went way beyond what anyone would expect a guesthouse owner to do, and she did all this with true concern and generosity of spirit. My husband said the breakfast was excellent, and there is no doubt that Bay Tree Guesthouse is superbly positioned for any visitor to Pretoria.

As far as value for money - as an ex-Pretorian, I can tell you there is no place finer in the city! That was why I had picked to stay there in the first place.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam
Reviewed 14 February 2010

We were booked into Bay Tree by our employers and it was perfect. Renee runs her guest house with the efficiency and conviences that you would expect of a top class hotel. But of course it's much nicer to be in an unprentious atmosphere, to enjoy peace and quiet and still the amenities (excellent wifi, coffee/tea, pool).
Breakfast is terrific, fresh fruit, eggs, great bread, Lisa takes care of that, even when we needed it at 0630 am.
The swimming pool and garden is a perfect place to wind down and relax. And lovely tea and cake is offered to you.
There are many restaurants around the corner, all within walking distance. Our favorite 'the pond' is in a park with antilope, blue cranes and more, and of course good food.
All in all a great place to stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business