“Never come back again!”

Bentley's County Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pretoria
Bentley's County Lodge
Ranked #48 of 72 Hotels in Pretoria
Leipzig, Germany
“Never come back again!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The worsest Lodge I have ever stayed!

- I booked double rooms -> good just very small single room (stinky)
- The electricity switched off permanently.
- No Wifi Connection available for 3 days (on a weekend!)
- After 3 times asking that we can´t stay under this conditions one week more .... They told us that is no problem to check out and get the refund!!!
- After checking-out we good nothing back!!! And had to pay one more week!

Absolutly not satisfied with this lodge. I would´nt recommend to stay even one night there...
Never come back again!

Room Tip: I would recommend to stay in this lodge!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Switzerland
Reviewed 10 December 2013

After my stay in sept-Oct 2012, I was back with my wife in Oct 2013. Alltough we're not honeymooners at all, we had the honeymoon suite. Just a special experiance... It is like all rooms situated in a fenced area under big trees, which is only accessible through a code secured gate. You only get the code as a resident. So you never have restaurant guests or other people from outside strolling around the Hotel-room-area. What a pleasure, to be welcomed back as an old friend when checking in (-for the second time only and after one years time) by the receptionist and specially by the restaurant staff. Gives you a feeling of coming home. The place was quite busy this time, as they had a wedding function.the next day. So the restaurant was fully booked on friday night, which made absolutely no difference in friendlyness of the service staff, nor the quality of the served food or the performance of the kitchen. Perfect! Everything was neat and clean, and a technical problem in our room, (-electrical) was fixed perfectly within a few minutes. Later the technician called back to make sure that everything works perfect, and we are satisfied. Wat shall I say... We're booked again for May 2014, and will take a friend along... Hey you people...Carry on that way!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel S
Switzerland
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I staid at bentleys in Sept-Oct 2012 for the first time,and liked it very much. The room I had was simple but clean and neat. I had my own shower and Toilet, as well as a good bed, and It was very quiet. What does one want more for a good rest and a good sleep? The restaurant is not too big, but bears excellent menu card, The Chef is a real artist, and the served dishes were just delicious! The service was perfect and allways very friendly, open for a little joke. The same the bar, and I enyojed sitting under the shade in the late afternoon, smoking apipe and reaing a book. Looking forward to my next two stays in october 2013.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

We've been to Bentley's twice and will return soon. The rooms are not modern or luxurious.. But they serve a specific purpose. It's just a base to go to. It's amazing sitting under those huge trees and reading a good book. The food is really good and we enjoyed the baskets for room service. The bar has great atmosphere.. Just for having a shot or two while taking in the local musical talent - this has always been fun, even if just for a laugh. TIP: have a few cocktails (which they pour from a Vodka-brand's container) while around the pool - you could not ask for better relaxation.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Located in the North of Pretoria this resort-like hotel is a very comfortable and relaxing place for longer trips. The rooms are not fancy and if you are addicted to airconditioning you should keep away. But the staff is very friendly, from your room you can walk directly into the garden and the restaurant offers a reasonable menu with good food. It is a comfortable place where you feel easily at home.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Paris
Reviewed 10 April 2009

I have stayed in a number of hotels in the Pretoria region and decided that I would try one of the smaller guest houses/lodges. Bentley's was very pleasant with a number of individual bungalows for people to stay in.

The advantage is that it has its own bar and restaurant so, if you don't want to, or are too tired, you can relax there. There is a small swimming pool but it was covered whilst I was there

Internet connection was a little difficult to get but there is WiFi. When I had to urgently connect to the net they allowed me to use a cable in the office.

Bentley's is a pleasant stay, it is not delux but very good value for money.

You will need GPS in your car to find it. It is also well located togo to Rosslyn and theer is a large shopping Mall nearby.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business