“Lunch or dinner: terrific”
Review of Ponto Of Mozambique - CLOSED

Ponto Of Mozambique
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The food is a blend of Mozambique & Afro-Portuguese food. Prawns, Chicken, Steak, Espetada's, Calamari & other Seafood is all on offer, as well as a selection of salads. Tipo Tinto & Ponto Draught.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This restaurant used to be called Mozambik. Not sure why the name was changed. The menu is still the same though, with sauces to die for! Yes, they cook their seafood really well, but the sauces are amazing. Whether it's grilled calamari or fish in mango and coconut sauce, they sure get it right! I've been here many times for the laid-back unpretentious atmosphere, great seafood, at dinner and lunch. Wish they had more northern Mozambican cuisine, but I guess it's a matter of logistics. The prices are average, the portions generous, the drinks could be more adventurous, but the veggies are also terrific!

1  Thank Aria E

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I visit Ponto at least twice a month. We drive from Benoni to experience their great service and tasty food. Well worth the drive.

We were there on 4th March and would like to say thank you to Ponto for another great evening.

See you soon.

3  Thank herman325
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Apart from being there with my love, this place was certainly the highlight of the evening. The quaintness and simplicity of it all certainly made me reminiscent of my time spent in Mozambique. Warmth of the staff, layout and rustic feel of the restaurant and the food bursting with different flavours and scents certainly took me back. Can't wait for my next dining adventure there. For anyone who hasn't been to Mozambique itself, your dining experience certainly will peek your curiosity whilst giving you a glimpse of what Mozambique is about. Thank you Tim and the rest of your amazing staff who put this all together.

3  Thank Dain D
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went there on valentines day and were greeted with complimentary wine and nuts. Parking was a bit unclear nut we managed to find it soon. The staff and manager were very friendly and helpful. The wait for food was not long at all and the food itself was divine! Would definetly eat there again!

3  Thank Bianca A
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The food was pretty poor and cooked in loads of oil.
The chicken was nothing like the chicken in Mozambique.
The wine was lacking and the service was poor

2  Thank 461raymond
Ponto Of M, Owner at Ponto Of Mozambique, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

I find all of your comments rather odd and would like to follow up from my side before responding to you properly. I see the majority of your reviews are posted 20 Feb 2014 and therefore can not ascertain the date you were at my restaurant. Please provide me with the following: On what date you were there, the time roughly, where did you sit, the size of your group/table, your waiters name, the food you ordered.

Myself and the managers are extremely strict on our service levels so find your comment on our service, as somewhat odd.
The delegates from the Mozambique Embassy who frequent my store would disagree with you as well on your comment about my meals.
One last comment before I await your response , is that our chickens go nowhere near oil.

Feel free to email me all of the above on timothy@rocaworx.co.za