“Wintery Sun Brunch”

Ranked #51 of 725 Restaurants in Pretoria
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Quench your thirst for a continental dining experience on a leafy patio in the heart of Pretoria. Cafe41 Eastwood offers a sophisticated, unique menu attracting local and international guests for its cosmopolitan atmosphere, whilst remaining relaxed and informal. Tempt yourself with a peek at an impressive wine collection admired from an open plan setting connecting the main floor and a cosy lounge with a fireplace. Cafe41 has been the winner of the Diner's Club Gold Award Best Wine List 3 years in a row. Should you want a venue for an intimate gathering, business meeting or a chic get-together, Cafe41 will make it a memorable experience with friendly staff, heated patios and a carefully crafted playlist to keep the mood just right. Platters are available and well-worth the experience.
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This is a quite established cafe/restuatant food outlet. It is very casual, the design is modern and trendy.

The place has fine dining standards and yet still keeps the casual theme. I ordered their tropical smoothie and I was under the impression that it was made with the real fruits, but was disappointed to find out that is was a powder based smoothie. My friend orderd their avocado shake and he enjoyed. The drinks took a while to be served which was kind of disappointing, they arrived and the smoothie was good. After a while it startef tasted like a medicinal drink which I think is due to powder base.

I love the idea of composing your own sandwich which was ideal for me as I was not really hungry, so I orderd a tomato, cheese, and avocado sandwich on whole weet bread. The food order took a while to arrive as well, even my friend took note of that. When he mentioned it I tried not to say much as I was going to open a huge can of worms as I work in the hospitality industry and all I really wanted was a great afternoon with a friend.

The sandwhich looked very interesting, definitely what I expected. Four triangle squares, a rocket lettuce salad with some some seeds that were sprouting, some beetroot which was intereating for me for breakfast totally loved it! What was interesting was that they hid a potato salad under the rocket salad. I just didn't get why the hid? Was it a surprise? Or left over that they reused to save on food cost, I just don't know. It was funny when I think about it. I enjoyed it though. The sandwich was devine, I was very satisfied that I could taste the cheese, tomato, and the avo; because usually you never taste the cheese in sandwiches it is always over powered by the other fillings.

The staff I would say needs some work on the guest service and how to be polite and friendly. Nothing enhances a dining experience like friendly waiters and supervisors who smile and make guests feel welcome. I found that our waiter was cold but being with my friend made it up.

The ambience of the place it great and the decor just makes it work. Sitting in the sun on their patio was perfect, they have a combo of couches, tables, and chairs.

Would I visit again?
Of course I will, im open for another experience at the Café with some improved service.

Thanks you Café41 the food was good.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

A lovely place to meet for coffee, or drinks, or a meal. Excellent atmosphere, good service and quality food.

2  Thank ianhatman
Basil A, Owner at Cafe 41, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hi Ianhatman

Thank you for taking the time and effort for your kind words.
It is highly appreciated and rewarding.
Keep well and once again thank you.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Their food selection is big and they offer for any taste. I really enjoy eating there. I will recommend them to everyone.

3  Thank Christa V
Basil A, Owner at Cafe 41, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hi Christa V

Thank you for taking the time and effort for your kind words.
It is highly appreciated and rewarding.
Keep well and once again thank you.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I took the beef fillet with a pepper and brandy sauce. Perfectly cooked with a lovely taste.
The staff was very observant and served you quickly.

3  Thank Birgit B
Basil A, Owner at Cafe 41, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Hi Pellerina

We truly appreciate your kind words and would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time you have taken to post a compliment for cafe 41 Eastwood.
Keep well and take care, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We were staying at the Meintjieskop Guest Lodge, just up the hill from Cafe41, which was recommended by the owner. It was a Thursday evening and the terrace was quite busy, but we managed to get a table for two. We decided on Beef Kebabs, Fillet Special and a bottle of Chocoholic pinotage, which turned out to be an excellent combination. I have never had such a tender steak, it melted in the mouth, it was so succulent, it was just the best fillet steak I have ever had. The beef kebabs were equally delicious and were accompanied by a greek salad and cooked vegetables, including sweet patats, my favourite. The service was warm, friendly and efficient. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank fsx276e
Basil A, Owner at Cafe 41, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Hi fsx276e

Keep well and take care.