“Old faithfull”
Review of Heat Grill Room

Heat Grill Room
Ranked #41 of 687 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pretoria, South Africa
“Old faithfull”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

What a lasting , great experience , many years and just keeps on delivering! we will keep going back again and again.

• Visited August 2014

Roodepoort, South Africa
“Best Restaurant in Town”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Wow what a place to go for lunch or dinner. I'm so impressed with this place. They will see me again. From the moment you walk in to this restaurant you get top service and food. Thank you to the staff and management. Keep in up.

“The perfect atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Heat grill has the perfect atmosphere as you enter, with a great wood finish inside and a warm welcome, staff that are very professional and always carrying a smile. The wine list is massive and menu consists mostly of steaks, the quality of the meat was great and the deserts are just as good! But what makes this place a gem is the atmosphere, great service and the very very wide selection of wines! Just did not find that one perfect dish that stood out for me on the menu. But great place regardless.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Loopi10
“Very nice. Slightly over priced”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Had a business dinner.
Service is friendly, quick and efficient.
Food is good with decent variety.
Slightly over priced

London
“Thankfully there are a handful of better venues in Pretoria.”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I took the family along for an enjoyable Sunday lunch. Seems I was a little overoptimistic.
I asked the waiter what they serve the meat on. I was told chips. After explaining for a few minutes, he told me that he understood that I wanted a warm plate, and not a HOT plate as it would overcook my medium rare ribeye. I even chatted to a manger on the way to the little boys room and explained that waiter seems to struggle with the order. A while later the steak arrived – on a piping HOT plate. I immediately asked the waiter what when wrong after I took the time to explain my order. His reply “I don’t heat the plates, speak to the kitchen”

The meat was OK. Nothing fantastic and not a mature ribeye. That was the last we saw of the waiter until he arrived 30 minutes later to remove the plates. I was disappointed that the waiter did not come round to make sure all was right with the meal a few minutes after he served it. So I asked why he did not come round. His answer “It’s the manager’s job. He came round.” I explained that the manager did not come round and I would please like to see him.

The manager arrived and I asked him why he did not come round to check all was good with the meal after they served it. He told me that the waiter comes round to check. It just ended up in a he said – she said.

The food was OK and the service was poor. They market the venue as premium restaurant, which is most certainly not. I won’t be back. There are thankfully a handful of better venues in Pretoria.

• Visited May 2014