“Oasis indeed!!”

The Oasis Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rivonia
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I had the joy of a few nights with Anita & Grayham after 2 weeks on safari in Botswana. I had planned a few days in Joburg to 'decompress' from the trip before heading back to a busy job... I couldn't have stumbled upon a better place! Their beautiful home is a true haven and I quickly felt as though I was staying with good friends. Nothing was spared in the way of service, facilities, comfort... Generous and thoughtful to the hilt, these folk have a truly wonderful business. I was given advice on sights, drivers arranged, directions given...and when I just wanted to relax... what a fab place to indulge. Thankyou both and to your great team for making the stay so lovely... your attention to detail is faultless and I couldn't fail to recommend The Oasis.. Hope to return one day...

Room Tip: Any room at Oasis would be a good room ,,,I feel sure!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BecksRoss
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review – we appreciate your input and really enjoyed spending time with you. Your stories of your Safari up North have re-kindled a need to go on a bush-break. Perhaps we will join you on your next one!

Reviewed 27 May 2012

My husband works away from home so we needed some quality time together. I found The Oasis on a google search and once there was amazed.
From the moment we entered the garden area we know we would feel at home.
Everything about The Oasis is wonderful, from the hospitality of Anita, Graham and their staff the elegance of the decor and of course the friendliness of the dogs.
Thank you so much.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barbaralippens
JohannesburgBeazley, Owner at The Oasis Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

It is not unusual for locals to come and spend “time out” at The Oasis. It is unusual that guests come from such a beautiful part of the world as yours! We are pleased that you were able to spend some quality time together and thank you for kind comments – hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

On a business trip to get to stay somewhere where you almost feel at home without any hard work is brilliant. I spent 4 very comfortable nights – the massive bed with gorgeous linen ensured I slept like a baby. Huge breakfast with so much choice followed by a wonderful greeting from the four legged friends was a perfect start to the day. Then to be greeted by them on my return (oh and of course Anita, Graham and Michele) made my stay in Jo’burg a very pleasurable one. Oh an did I mention the lovely garden, good wine selection and dvd library ….

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

No doubt the 4 legged friends would love to have you back here again! Dalmatians love all the attention they get and obviously lapped up all the affection you gave them! We would also love to have you back. Your enthusiasm is delightful and we hope that next time you get to see a bit more of the city than this last trip allowed.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

My visit at the Oasis was truly amazing, the enormous attention to detail from Anita and Graham in every aspect is breathtaking.
Also Anita helped with advice and getting around Joburg and making sure we felt at home, not only in the Guest House but also in the city.

If you go to Joburg, don't go to the boring hotels, go to this place, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review – both of you are well travelled so we appreciate your comments. It was particularly interesting to see how both of you embraced the Johannesburg experience! Hope to see you back here soon with more travel adventure stories.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

When I have stepped in the house, I was simply touched by the warmth of the place! Nice wood furniture, many mirrors, nice things, beautiful flowers and paintings everywhere.
My room was a delight and I felt sorry every morning that I had to leave for work.
Breakfast food is extremely delicious and quality of service exceeds by far any expectations. Personnel is kind and quiet and it is a really pleasure to exchange few words over coffee with Anita or Michelle.
Not mentioning the evenings when you have a great variety of movie choices. Each room is equipped with DVD player and you can choose the movies you like from the reception.
I am really looking forward to finding a next opportunity of coming back! Actually I am considering bringing my parents to let them have the same experience!

Thank you Anita and Grayham for making this place so wonderful!

Eliza

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and thank you for mentioning in particular the things that made your stay here special. All our paintings are all done by talented South African artists (including my mother!) Collecting them was such fun and we love it when people notice them and comment on them. We were touched by your own warmth and enthusiasm. We look forward to your return and to meeting your parents next time. Kind regards, Anita

Reviewed 14 May 2012

With a jam packed itinerary in hand we landed in Jo'burg running ... after a long, exhausting first day we found ourselves welcomed by Graham and Anita's smiling faces - a really friendly and personalised welcome! The minute we stepped into the Oasis we knew we had made the right choice. It wasn't long and we were shown to our luxurious room - opulently decorated with everything we could desire at hand. Friendly, helpful staff, divine breakfasts, stunning gardens, perfect location - I could go on and on - highly recommended ... we can't wait to go back! Thank you Anita and Graham.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Preparing for the “big day” is often hectic and all consuming. We were delighted that you took time off to visit the theatre for a bit of R&R! We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oasis and wish you the very best blessings in your new future together.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We had a few nights left in Jo'burg at the end of our trip to Botswana and SA and found this little gem on google. From the moment the gates opened, we knew we'd chosen the right place. We wanted to relax for a few days and maybe do a bit of shopping before heading back to work. Once we got into the hotel, we did not want to move and why would you? Gorgeous luxurious rooms, spotlessly clean with excellent attention to detail. The gardens are gorgeous with a swimming pool and comfy sun loungers and a lovely snug area with tv for you to have drinks outside if you wish. I chose a film from the large dvd library on both nights to take to our room. Breakfast was an eating extravaganza and self service tea with lovely cakes and toasted sandwiches was a nice touch. We had a super bottle of wine recommended by Anita one evening. The bar is well stocked and there are bowls of naughty nibbles all over the main house! This was a very welcome and unexpected bonus to the end of our trip. When we consider the price, this place beats everywhere we have ever stayed overseas. We highly recommend The Oasis and would love to go back one day.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
JohannesburgBeazley, Owner at The Oasis Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Wow! As fellow members of the hospitality industry, you know exactly how much energy and effort goes into making an establishment tick! Your rave review is treasured! We strive to offer a five star experience at affordable rates and appreciate your mention of all the added extras we provide to make this possible. We look forward to our visit to your side of the world! Kind regards, Anita

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rivonia
The Syrene Boutique Hotel
The Winston Hotel
The Winston Hotel
#10 of 66 in Johannesburg
Holiday Inn Express Sandton-Woodmead

Been to The Oasis Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!