“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 12 Rivonia B&B and Inns
Doha, Qatar
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I usually stay with friends when I am in South Africa, but it did not work out this time. So I decided to stay with Nicolas Brett (the owner) at his guest house in Rivonia, for the whole of October 13, as I met Nicolas in May this year…was suppose to stay in the guest house but had to cancel as we stayed in our house – and at that time, Nicolas gave us back all the deposit – amazing! I live overseas at the moment and usually go to South Africa once a year to sort out all our stuff like medical tests, tax, house issues (rented out) etc. and of course visiting family & friends. This was the first time in four years that I stayed in rented accommodation when coming home and it was a great experience. The location of the guest house could not have been better. My gym, which I always sign on with when I am in South Africa, is just down the road. Many of my friends, my old company & places I had to go to are close by –so perfect. I had my own drive-in entrance where my car was parked securely just below the staircase of my spacious 1-bed apartment, which also had a small balcony with 2 chairs & table. I had a small kitchen with cooker, microwave, fridge and washing machine (absolutely needed that!) & kitchen counter, separate bathroom with shower & specious bedroom with very comfortable, large bed, wardrobe & 2 comfy arm chairs. The room had lots of light, due to the large windows. I also had wireless internet as part of the deal! I woke up every morning early to the twittering of birds, which was wonderful. I could see the branches of a large tree through my bathroom window. There are also lots of trees around in neighbouring properties, which are visible via the large windows….but nobody could look into my room! Although the guest house is in the middle of businesses and roads, I never really heard street noise. The location of my dwelling was so private – I never really saw other guests. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was cleaned every day – By the way, there is now also a wonderful restaurant on his premises – open for breakfast & lunch…for now! I had a wonderful stay at this well located guest house. When my husband accompanies me in the future – or if I need accommodation again for myself in the future, we/I will definitely stay with Nicolas in his guest lodge!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank NinaAfrica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Every time I stay at the immaculate guest house, I receive nothing short of personalised hospitality. Last time I was there for business, on a not so friendly budget and Nicolas was flexible enough to ensure that me and my colleagues have confort way way beyond our budget. Oh and the breakfast is amazing!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Hon Remmy S
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

We never had the pleasure as yet to stay at the Louise Terrace Guesthouse but would like to write about my experience with Nicolas.
My husband and I are currently working overseas and planned to visit South Africa for 24 days to sort out various issues. It took me a long time, on the internet, as well as using online accommodation agencies, which by the way were totally useless and just wasted my time, although I had given them exact requirements in terms budget, area, secure parking for 2 cars, internet access, small kitchen and most important exclusive use of a washing machine, as I always do my own washing wherever I go! – I was bombarded with at least 60 emails of unsuitable places.
When I found Louise Terrace Guesthouse and read all the positive reviews, I immediately phoned and spoke to Nicolas. He was just amazing – this is what he did : he allocated a one-bed apartment for us (which took some juggling on his part due to other bookings he had), with private driveway with secure parking for 2 cars – he even went out and bought a washing machine for the unit we were going to occupy – just amazing. Unexpectedly our tenant who was living in our house moved out and our fully furnished home was empty. We knew that there was damage and maintenance work had to be done. I cancelled the booking, for the 23 nights with Nicolas just one week before we arrived in South Africa. He was so kind to me on the phone, said he had total understanding for our situation. I knew he bought the washing machine specifically for us and offered to buy it off him. Amazingly he said that he would utilise the washing machine and gave us back our full payment! Amazing, amazing, amazing – that’s all I can say.
It is very unlikely that our house will be available to us the next time my husband and I are coming to South Africa and we will definitely stay with Nicolas.
Well, our time in SA is nearly over…leaving this Sunday, after fixing many things in our house. Nicolas invited me to have coffee with him before we leave – this will happen tomorrow and I look forward meeting him. Nina

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NinaAfrica
cape town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

i would like to personally thank Nicholas from Louise Terrace Guesthouse for the excellent service offered. i had the most wonderful experience for the past week at this place. it is the most comfortable and homely place i have ever been to. i would recommend this place over any other lodge or hotel in Rivonia.

Waseem

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank waseemw_13
JHB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Everything from the friendly welcome to the food and rooms is excellent.The meals are always more than you expect and want but nothing is wasted, the internet service is better than our offices. the friendly owner and staff are a delight to deal with. they are very accommodating on meal times and checking in times. I cant believe how quite it is when you are there.

Room Tip: Nicolas is available to you 24hours a day if needed and always has a smile. Makes you feel at home...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank James M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

Having traveled to many guesthouses throughout the world, my 3 month stay at Louise Terrace was perhaps the best I have experienced thus far. From the moment I walked in, Nicolas made me feel like a unique guest. Not only does he make every effort to cater to your every need, but the rooms are equipped with every type of utensil to make your stay more comfortable, and the overall design and layout of the guesthouse gives you cosy, if not homey, feeling. Moreover, it is one of the only places in Joburg that also offers longer short-term stays (i.e. 3-6 months) at affordable prices. It is also so conveniently located in the center of Rivonia, it is perfectly safe to walk to any of the close by restaurants and shops at night. I honestly cannot imagine my experience in South Africa without reminiscing on my stay at Louise Terrace. If I were to go back, I would definitely aim to stay there again.

Room Tip: Certain rooms have their own kitchenette and are all en-suite.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 468Frank
Shenyang, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed a few days in this guest house and I enjoy the nice hospitable service and central very convenient location in rivonia. The rooms are clean and tidy. You can book for accommodation with breakfast which is prepared in a spacious dining room.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Maik076
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rivonia
Road Lodge Rivonia
#1 of 12 in Rivonia
Muco Guesthouse
Muco Guesthouse
#12 of 12 in Rivonia

Been to Louise Terrace Guest house? Share your experiences!