“Vintage India”

Ranked #3 of 11 Rivonia B&B and Inns
Boston
“Vintage India”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

It is a constant delight to come back to Louise Terrace, a place that I personally consider "my only home in Johannesburg and in South Africa in general", and my stay there is always very relax, revitalizing and conducive for my work whenever I am in Johannesburg.
Nicolas, in addition to his amazing customer care, has become more than a host, and his warm hospitality also adds to the home feeling that Louise Terrace welcomes you with.

This time around, for my 4th stay at Louise terrace in the last 2 years, I was happy to see that the place has grown in size and extended.

The highlight of my stay was discovering VINTAGE INDIA, the new restaurant on Louise Terrace premises. The name is very evocative, as the savors and delicacies offered there will surprise you and send you on a delicious and ecstatic gastronomic journey that adds to the already impressive value for money that you feel everyday of your stay at Louise Terrace.

I miss my SA home already, and look forward to coming back.

Until soon,

Chris,
United Nations HQ,
Manhattan,
New York

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank oftenice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I was visiting johannesburg for training. My booking at a different hotel got cancelled due to renovation so that hotel made arrangements and booked me into the guesthouse. On first appearance it looked a bit worn out. Garden looked like it was not taken care of in a while and the parking is a bit cramped. The room i was staying in was spacious. Furniture needs to be retouched. Some of it is old, Beds are comfortable. Breakfast was nice but limited in what you can order of the menu. Overall experience was intermediate. Not an experience i would freely opt to have again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Helao M
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a really nice time at this guest house. So conveniently located, lots of attention to detail, and the manager, Brian, was so friendly. He went the extra mile to make us feel at home! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicholas A
LouiseTerraceBnB, Owner at Louise Terrace Guest house, responded to this review, 28 August 2015
Thank you for the feedback, having spent my childhood growing up in this industry I strive to make a weary traveler at home, your review makes me love what I do even more.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I booked my mother into the BnB and she has not stopped raving about how comfortable her stay was. The staff was very friendly and Brian was an amazing host. He even allowed for a later than normal check out at no additional charge. Very clean establishment, tranquil, trendy and homely at the same time. Real value for money. I would strongly recommend the establishment and I will be making use of it in the future.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Noma N
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed 1 night in Room 15. Situated on busy main road next to offices, so there isn't much to look at. I was worried about the noise from the traffic, but it did calm down after 8pm so I was able to have a good night's sleep. Comfortable bed and pillows. Excellent wi-fi connectivity. A hairdryer would be good and a chair with a back, and a comfortable armchair. There was a big crack on the cupboard/mirror. The water from the shower did cause a bit of a puddle on the outside. There was a dressing table with a stool, but this is not good if you have to work on your laptop. Nicholas & Brian were very hospitable. It was quiet in the breakfast room when I left and had a good chat to Nicholas and the 3 cute dogs. For longer stays I would prefer a guesthouse that has a lovely garden to look out to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ecsonza
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I usually stay with friends when I am in South Africa, but it did not work out this time. So I decided to stay with Nicolas Brett (the owner) at his guest house in Rivonia, for the whole of October 13, as I met Nicolas in May this year…was suppose to stay in the guest house but had to cancel as we stayed in our house – and at that time, Nicolas gave us back all the deposit – amazing! I live overseas at the moment and usually go to South Africa once a year to sort out all our stuff like medical tests, tax, house issues (rented out) etc. and of course visiting family & friends. This was the first time in four years that I stayed in rented accommodation when coming home and it was a great experience. The location of the guest house could not have been better. My gym, which I always sign on with when I am in South Africa, is just down the road. Many of my friends, my old company & places I had to go to are close by –so perfect. I had my own drive-in entrance where my car was parked securely just below the staircase of my spacious 1-bed apartment, which also had a small balcony with 2 chairs & table. I had a small kitchen with cooker, microwave, fridge and washing machine (absolutely needed that!) & kitchen counter, separate bathroom with shower & specious bedroom with very comfortable, large bed, wardrobe & 2 comfy arm chairs. The room had lots of light, due to the large windows. I also had wireless internet as part of the deal! I woke up every morning early to the twittering of birds, which was wonderful. I could see the branches of a large tree through my bathroom window. There are also lots of trees around in neighbouring properties, which are visible via the large windows….but nobody could look into my room! Although the guest house is in the middle of businesses and roads, I never really heard street noise. The location of my dwelling was so private – I never really saw other guests. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was cleaned every day – By the way, there is now also a wonderful restaurant on his premises – open for breakfast & lunch…for now! I had a wonderful stay at this well located guest house. When my husband accompanies me in the future – or if I need accommodation again for myself in the future, we/I will definitely stay with Nicolas in his guest lodge!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank NinaAfrica
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Every time I stay at the immaculate guest house, I receive nothing short of personalised hospitality. Last time I was there for business, on a not so friendly budget and Nicolas was flexible enough to ensure that me and my colleagues have confort way way beyond our budget. Oh and the breakfast is amazing!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Hon Remmy S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rivonia
Road Lodge Rivonia
#2 of 7 in Rivonia
Dunton Guest House
Dunton Guest House
#1 of 11 in Rivonia

Been to Louise Terrace Guest house? Share your experiences!