“Will come again for sure, home from home”
Review of Green Gables

Green Gables
Ranked #5 of 10 Rivonia B&B and Inns
“Will come again for sure, home from home”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Home from home convenient safe and a pleasure, well worth the stay

• Stayed June 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I normally stay in 5-star hotels so Green Gables was really unusual for me. But I'm so glad I stayed. It made me realise how important 'connection' really is. And the host at Green Gables, Christopher Hughes, is a Master at it. He's a character — one that could well be on every travel show you see. My morning breakfasts with Christopher set me up so well for each day.

On top of that, this is a great environment with gorgeous gardens (they reminded me a little of Provence in France).

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Just outside the hectic of Jo'burg. Wonderful gardens, swimmingpool (small but good enough), convenient rooms, helpfull owner + staff and delicious breakfast. All you need to explore Jo'burg, Sandton, Rivonia and even Pretoria. Very nearby the M1 Motorway and only 20 minutes from OR Tambo airport. The place to be!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Despite the fact I spend most of my time at my office the whole 3 weeks at Green Gables have been wonderful.

It was quiet, relaxing and the view from my room on the garden was breathtaking.
The Service was \"5 Stars\" and you have a love to the detail.

I definitely will come back.

I definitely will recommend you to all my friends and my colleagues.

Thanks again and a warm \"Bonjour\" to your staff..

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Davis, California
Reviewed 18 December 2010

We were required to make a hasty trip to South Africa (our first) due to Penny's brother hospitalized at Sunninghill Hospital in Rivonia. I quickly chose lodging by randomly selecting a facility that met our criteria for such an event--close to the hospital and one that served breakfast. Upon arrival at Green Gables, we were gratefully amazed at the helpfulness and assistance offered by Christopher, the proprietor of Green Gables. After checking us in and showing us the grounds, he gave us a tour of the town, showed us a short cut to the hospital, and drove us to the hospital--all on his own time and in his own vehicle. This assistance continued throughout our stay; we owe a debt of gratitude to Christopher. Moreover, Christopher is a great conversationalist and knows well the history of South Africa and is versant on just about every topic on interest (at least to us).
Although we were not able to fully enjoy the grounds and other amenities of the Green Gables, they are 'top drawer.' Beautiful plants and birds permeate the entire acreage.
We hope to return to the Green Gables some day for a bit of relaxation and further conversation with Christopher!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Stayed here for 5 days with a colleague on business trip. Met christopher, the charming still-single owner (hint! hint!). Serves simple breakfast in his cosy kitchen with a dash of his witty and wise cracks on current issues and his number one love, diving.
Beds were very comfortable and rooms were very clean and equipped with heated flooring, flat screen tv and coffee making facilities.
Location is convenient enough and a stone's throw from cafes and the excellent burger joint, Spurs. Having your own drive is recommended, tho'.
The luscious gardens with its variety of pollen smelling fauna in spring is a great for rejuvenating the senses.
Highly recommended for business and groups of independent travellers looking for a cosy, clean and comfortable abode amidst friendly and relaxing atmosphere

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Glad that Green Gables is finally listed on TripAdvisor, as I and my colleagues have been staying there whenever we are in Johannesburg. I find it truly peaceful, it has a beautiful garden, very greeny plushed trees (during spring and summers) all around and is close to a number of restaurants. It is a mere 15 minutes drive from Sandton City, CBD. The rooms are really comfortable and Christopher, the owner, and his staff, are always very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business