“Extraordinary hospitality, room comfort, food quality”

The Syrene Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rivonia
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I've been a regular guest of The Syrene since early 2013, enjoying their hospitality for a few weeks per month.
I would strongly recommend the hotel, besides the subjected, also for its strategic collocation, between Sandton centre and the freeway for in/out of the City, for the overall tranquillity at night due to the residential area where it's in, and for the poolside restaurant, most enjoyable during the warmer months.
The cuisine is top-notch, and the level of hospitality superb due to the care for details of the business owners, and of the staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Stefano S
DaniellaFinney, General Manager at The Syrene Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for your great review. We truely appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

The Syrene Boutique Hotel is unique in my experience. The facilities are new having opened in 2010, are very well designed, and are extremely comfortable. The sitting area beside the reception is a very pleasant place to spend time reading the available magazines or your favorite book. The restaurant is just across the patio so, if needed, a beverage is just a few meters away. The rooms are very comfortable and equipped with only the best linens and furnishings. Also included is a convenient mini-bar. The one attribute that sets The Syrene apart from other boutique hotels is the combination of large hotel facilities and the most efficient and friendly staff it has been my pleasure to meet. When you check in, everyone makes you feel that you have just returned home. Every time I arrive, my room is arranged the way I prefer. The staff remembers my food preferences, where my business meeting take me, and many other things that are just unbelievable. I never go out to dinner except when required for business. The entire menu is delicious but the lamb chops and lamb burgers are especially recommended. Daniella and Tony have something special and I have no doubt their hotel will prosper and grow. I am planning another visit to Johannesburg in a few weeks with my wife and children and am very excited that they will get to enjoy the hospitality of The Syrene Boutique Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are exceptional. The Presidential Suite is located in the reception hall and is very comfo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony W

Thank you for your wonderful review Mr W.... We really appreciate your kind words and we look forward to having you and your family back as always.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I visit Sandton regularly from London on Business and usually stay close to Sandton City on this occasion I ventured a little further down Rivonia Road, about 10 to 15 mins more to be exact. I took a taxi from the Sandton Gautrain Station which was not far at all from the hotel.

I discovered a quiet and beautifully presented little hotel with very helpful and friendly staff. The room was very clean and modern and five star quality. It had the added luxury of underfloor heating and a large bedroom which was tastefully decorated. The restaurant had an affordable menu and the food was well presented and tasty. The full english breakfast was served and not a usual cold buffet that is served in most hotels. Unfortunately, it was not that busy, however I am sure that if it was better known it would be packed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Innotel
TheSyrene29, General Manager at The Syrene Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank you kindly for your review, we really appreciate it as this really does help us. We are so glad you had a pleasant stay and look forward to your return. Kind regards, Daniella Finney, General Manager

Reviewed 28 February 2013

What makes a hotel special is its people. We had a wonderful few days here on our way to The Kruger National Park. The hotel is immaculate. The staff were friendly and went the extra mile at all times to ensure our stay was memorable. The food was outstanding and the winner for me was when the fish came served on a newspaper. The attention to detail was impeccable. The hosts are a delightful couple who, rightly so, are very proud of their boutique hotel. My daughter's response when we arrived was "how did you find this beautiful place".
A truly remarkable place to stay. Ideal for intimate weddings and excellent for conferences.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank annwhittle
TheSyrene29, Manager at The Syrene Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate your feedback. We hope you will visit us, should you be travelling our way again. Kind regards, Dani Finney (General Manager)

Reviewed 19 January 2013

The people where very friendly.
Food was great (the chef is the owner)
Great wine cellar.
Good for conferences.

A couple blocks over you have some restaurants.

Next time I'm back for a business trip in jhonnasburg I will stay again in this place.

The worst thing that happend to me is that I got badly burned by the sun, sunscreen is a must !!!

Br,

Gert

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank StylesOne
DaniellaFinney, Owner at The Syrene Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Beautiful boutique hotel which is centrally situated close to Sandton and transport links. The rooms are spacious and exceptionally comfortable and the food is amazing, courtesy of head chef Tony. Service is top class and the staff couldn't do more to ensure you are well taken care of during your stay. I would definitely recommend the Syrene to both business and leisure travellers.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark G
DaniellaFinney, Owner at The Syrene Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Reviewed 14 January 2013

I have stayed at The Syrene on a couple of occasions and was so impressed on each visit. The staff, the venue and the rooms are all pure class. Fantastic service (both friendly and professional) and the restaurant is amazing!!! What a wonderful find in the middle of Rivonia.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jane6975

Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rivonia
The Oasis Boutique Hotel
The Winston Hotel
The Winston Hotel
#9 of 66 in Johannesburg
City Lodge Hotel Fourways

Been to The Syrene Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!