“Hidden Jewel in JHB”

The Syrene Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rivonia
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We were upgraded for free to the presidential suite based on availability. It is our 2nd visit to the hotel, the rooms are absolutely magnificent! The location can not be any better and the hotel offers outstanding value for money. You will not be didsapionted.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aydonne
DaniellaFinney, Owner at The Syrene Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for you kind review we greatly appreciate it. We are so happy you had such a wonderful stay and hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I would highly recommend the Syrene hotel. The hotel is professional and they really do look after their guests and make them feel at home. The service was outstanding and I felt at home the second I walked into the hotel. The hotel treated me as if I was the only guest and gave me special attention.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Jade Smith 87

Thank you for your lovely review. We truely appreciate your kind words and are so glad we made your stay special.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Syrene hotel is a wonderful relaxing oasis. Everything about it is first class; the friendly staff, the relaxing patios areas, the wonderful Elm Tree Restaurant with top chef Tony, and the beautifully appointed rooms. I highly recommend this hotel for business or vacation travelers. It is also a perfect venue for meetings and for special events.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter L

Thank you for you review and for the special mention about Tony. We really love to make our guests stay a happy experience and greatly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband and I went to the Elm Tree restaurant for dinner and had a stunning meal and evening. The staff and service top notch. The hotel is stylishly decorated. After dinner we were shown a standard suite, the Presidential Suite, conference facilities and the Winery. All were absolutely beautiful. We were SO impressed and definitely recommend it to local and overseas visitors.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hiloettle

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Tony is especially chuffed with your great experience at his restaurant and we look forward to hosting you here again.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The Syrene Boutique Hotel has been a real awesome experience. I spent an entire month with them. I felt like to be home: all the personnel above the standard, room excellent and restaurant with very good selections of dishes. It was an excellent price per service ratio. If you think to be @ Joburg you need to experience The Syrene.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Me7048
DaniellaFinney, Owner at The Syrene Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you for you review. We always appreciate our guests feedback. We love that you felt so at home here and look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I've been a regular guest of The Syrene since early 2013, enjoying their hospitality for a few weeks per month.
I would strongly recommend the hotel, besides the subjected, also for its strategic collocation, between Sandton centre and the freeway for in/out of the City, for the overall tranquillity at night due to the residential area where it's in, and for the poolside restaurant, most enjoyable during the warmer months.
The cuisine is top-notch, and the level of hospitality superb due to the care for details of the business owners, and of the staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Stefano S
DaniellaFinney, General Manager at The Syrene Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for your great review. We truely appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

The Syrene Boutique Hotel is unique in my experience. The facilities are new having opened in 2010, are very well designed, and are extremely comfortable. The sitting area beside the reception is a very pleasant place to spend time reading the available magazines or your favorite book. The restaurant is just across the patio so, if needed, a beverage is just a few meters away. The rooms are very comfortable and equipped with only the best linens and furnishings. Also included is a convenient mini-bar. The one attribute that sets The Syrene apart from other boutique hotels is the combination of large hotel facilities and the most efficient and friendly staff it has been my pleasure to meet. When you check in, everyone makes you feel that you have just returned home. Every time I arrive, my room is arranged the way I prefer. The staff remembers my food preferences, where my business meeting take me, and many other things that are just unbelievable. I never go out to dinner except when required for business. The entire menu is delicious but the lamb chops and lamb burgers are especially recommended. Daniella and Tony have something special and I have no doubt their hotel will prosper and grow. I am planning another visit to Johannesburg in a few weeks with my wife and children and am very excited that they will get to enjoy the hospitality of The Syrene Boutique Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are exceptional. The Presidential Suite is located in the reception hall and is very comfo...